You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually Tommy being there is not that big of a deal in my eyes. It's Ron that's a bit of the "hmm" moment.

The reason I say that is because Tommy recently did an interview where he wasn't a fan of the original Guns, then went and listened to the records, and became an instant fan of Duff, and even admitted to basically trying to "do Duff" on Chinese Democracy.

Seriously, Tommy might have became a fan of Duff because of that, and legitimately wants to see Duff play.

The Ron thing, the ambassador, is where it seems to lean towards "recruitment". Axl knows Izzy's always there when Izzy wants to be, but if he can get those guys back, it'll lean in his favor. Keep in mind, he's been trying to get Izzy back since 1991, and hasn't succeeded yet. Maybe Duff won't be any different, but Duff is not as much of a wild card as Izzy.

We're probably seeing what we want, obviously. Just wanted to make that clear too. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy was there because he played with guys in Duff's band back in 2004...and he probably wanted to see Duff....and don't know why Ron would be there. Tommy and Duff have alot of things in common.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

While the world was watching TV last night, as I said, I was in a club in PA watching the complete opposite of American Idol! A real rock star who lived it and writes and plays his own music. Duff McKagan's new band Loaded kicked ass. Straight up in your face guitar rock. The band had a blast playing songs from their great new album Sick, as well as a medly of covers in a jam that included everything from Journey to Priest to The Stooges. The set also included G&R favorites Dust N Bones and Its So Easy. No VR tunes however. Duff's band sings and plays great also. Current G&R bassist Tommy Stinson was at the show also and I said hi to him in the dressing room prior to the set. Was interesting to see the bands current bass player watch Guns original bassist. Obviously Tommy's has much more of a history in rock than just Guns. Also, in NYC current Guns guitarist Bumblefoot jammed with Duff Tuesday night. Both Duff and Bumble told me they had a blast and who knows, that may happen again tonight when Loaded plays LI. Duff gave me a real nice shout out from the stage which I appreciated and it was also cool to hang with all the rock fans in the Allentown/ZZO area. Being in a club with a couple hundred sweaty rock fans seeing some quality kick ass music was the entertainment choice I made last night, and I'll take it anyday over a televised talent show.

from trunks twitter

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool beans. Like Trunk's reference of "a real rock star".

Nice jab, considering the fact Queen performed with Adam & Kris last night on AI.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Current G&R bassist Tommy Stinson was at the show also and I said hi to him in the dressing room prior to the set.

So Tommy was hanging out in Duff's dressing room?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
madagas wrote:

I forgot that some of the guys in Loaded were in Alien Crime Syndicate...Tommy's touring band some in 2004...from Jarmo

"By the way, when Tommy toured in support of Village Gorilla Head in 2004, his backing band was Alien Crime Syndicate. Some of them are in Duff's band...."

^ Tommy with ACS 9 Video is mislabelled, it should be Tommy Stinson - Motivation cool

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

what's up with the advanced promotion from axl making chinese democracy a commercial monster? axl took his ball..and went home

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And if you really think a U.S. stadium tour of a reunited Guns N' Roses would bomb, you seriously aren't living in reality.

If you needed any idea of the idea of reunion, go back to 2006. Watch every show Izzy is introduced in, and the places, including festivals, go fucking nuts.

people at a "new gnr" show cheering for izzy is proof that a reunion tour would be huge?

the only thing that that proves, AT THE MOST, is that the people cheering approved or were happy to see izzy there. bottom line - anyone at those shows was there to see axl.

add booze and pot and half the people don't even know why they're cheering.

would 99 percent of them/us prefer the original line-up? yes. but the people that paid to see "new gnr" can't be used as evidence that a reunion tour would be more successful than the current band.

greatest hits outsells chinese democracy, yes, and therefore a reunion tour would outsell a cd tour but by how much is overrated.

gnr has become a nostalgia act due to inactivity and no efforts to bridge the gaps between the new band and old fan base and no efforts have been made to promote the new band and bring in new fans.

that leaves us with the people that made the original band huge, minus anyone who dissaproves politically or musically of axl and his new band using the gnr name.

in the case of a reunion tour, bring back those fans and subtract the following:

-deceased - people that were around in '87 but are no longer.

-converted - people that no longer listen to gnr in favor of lighter music.

-lifestyle chages - people that go to bed at 10 o'clock in order to get up and get their kids to teeball or whatever.

-anyone that still has a problem with axl's use of the gnr name and refuses to give him money

-economy/money issues - not everyone has the money to go to rock concerts right now

etc.

1 It's amazing, you and misterID, underestimate the situation with new Guns, but overanalyze the situation with old Guns.

2 Nobody is saying a new old-Guns album is gonna do 20x platinum like AFD, or even 7x platinum, like UYI I & II.[/b]

3 It wouldn't do probably more than just a little more of new GN'R + GN'R promo + VR = 2-3 million in album sales. Nothing massive.

4 But the concerts, as that nostaglia act would be where the money and popularity would be at. Even in this economy, people are still going to concerts, still going to movies. Hell, the movie industry posted their best numbers in HISTORY in 2008. The Dark Knight did a half-billion in the U.S. in a down economy.

5 The American citizen has proven they're still gonna go out, and spend money, and have fun. The party ain't over for them (it'll get worse folks, believe me).

6 So a GN'R reunion right now (i'm thinking 1991 band), would be massive, yes. But not rule the world-massive. It might get some people hard, and sell out stadiums, for people wanting to rediscover their childhood. A GN'R reunion has been up there on the list with Led Zeppelin & Pink Floyd. Everyone got their Eagles reunion a few years ago. Was it earth-shattering massive? No. Was David Lee Roth going back to Van Halen, time stopping? No.

7 But it was still fucking big, and alot of bank, and put those bands back on the map. Guns would be no different. Would they suddenly rule TV again? No.

8 But they're gonna sellout stadiums in the U.S. (bank it) initially and then future tours would be in arenas and/or amphitheaters, they're gonna put out Guitar Hero/Rock Band: Guns N' Roses and make a shit load of money off their back catalog, they might even put out a new album. They'll be no different than Metallica. Metallica is not 'gaining' any new fans either at this point, they are just holding on to what they have. All a GN'R reunion would do is 'gain back' some of what they once had, giving them more power by numbers in terms of interest, what war referred to.

I think we can agree on that. But to actually think, misterID i'm referring to you, that a GN'R reunion of the old band would probably 'at best' be Motley Crue, probably lesser. 14

You're living in a world i've never known.

An old GN'R reunion would make Motley Crue look like The Blues Brothers "getting the band back together" and playing as the Good 'Ole Boys.

1 everything about me is amazing 14 and just cause you didn't think that far into it doesn't mean im over analyzing

2 i'm not claiming anyone said anything other than what i quoted you as saying.

3 yep

4 ummm movies are less than ten dollars. a gnr reunion concert would be atleast a hundred.

5 the american economy is hinting at getting better but that could change real quick due to a number of things around the world.

6 agreed but 'big - not 'massive

7 agreed

8 metallica has maintained a relationship with it's fans through the years and made some new ones. gnr has done neither.

AtariLegend wrote:

This is why he feels the need to make it clear that a reunion isn't going to happen.

Axl isn't interested, get over it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

If he was that desperate to perform he be playing clubs at weekends and would have done the reunion years ago.

I dont get how people can bang on about a reunion as if Axls desperate to be the number one guy again. He cant be fucked going out to play gigs with people he seems to really like a lot, so why on earth would he want to tour with people he dislikes?

Board footer