You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...as much as I'm a fan of Slash and so would welcome Axl and Slash working together.....it was only a few months ago that Axl said either he or slash would die before they reunite. He also called slash a cancer. Those are strong words....it's pretty clear from that there is no reunion happening for the foreseable future at least.....that's not the kind of statement you change your mind on within at least a few years.

I think we'll have a silent phase, then a tour similar to the 06 tour, except with DJ smile

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm sorry, there are some right dickheads on these forums (I'm not referring to anyone here btw). What gets me is the whole kind of 'well its ok for current members to play and be friends with duff but are we all in agreement that they should not be friends with Slash?'

Bunch of fucking children

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I could see Loaded touring with GNR and Duff playing on some songs like Izzy did. That would be cool.

^^And those fans need to stop acting like they're involved in any way with Slash and Axl. That's always blown my mind about some fans. I don't prefering Axl over Slash, but acting like they're personally involved is friggin creepy.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I would be really suprised to see Duff opening for GN'R, I just dont think he would want to be a support act/side show at a Guns N'Roses gig.
I'm sure he'd love to open up for a big name band, but he wouldnt stoop to opening for Axl's GN'R, after his pride made him walk out of that band he helped turn into rock legends.

Sky Dog wrote:

edit: my post made no sense!:laugh:

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa3sCvqk … re=related

I was there....feeling old....Izzy is just too cool.:mosh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I could see Loaded touring with GNR and Duff playing on some songs like Izzy did. That would be cool.

^^And those fans need to stop acting like they're involved in any way with Slash and Axl. That's always blown my mind about some fans. I don't prefering Axl over Slash, but acting like they're personally involved is friggin creepy.

On that last statement, totally agree. I kid you not, i've known people over the years on the boards, that literally thought they talked to Axl through psychic connections. That Karen chick back in the day... there's alot more of them like that out there, some of which are right under our nose. And you're right, it's REALLY creepy, and there's been a few people that i've told "take a step back from the computer. Take a break" in order to try to help, and all I got was "you're just like all the others. You don't understand". Yeah I understand, I understand that we need Dr. Loomis out there hunting you down. 16

As for Loaded as an opening act, won't happen. Otherwise, Axl would've recruited Izzy solo or the Ju Ju Hounds a long time ago. There's too much politics involved with the old fan base.

Will audiences sign off on seeing a GN'R sans Duff or Izzy, even though they know they're there, and performed earlier? If that's the case, call up Buckethead to open shows too.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

What they gonna do? Have Tommy sneek off and Duff walk on to a thunderous ovation, play a few songs then walk off to a thunderous ovation - then Tommy walks back on to polite applause???? Tommy wouldnt do it and Duff wouldnt put Tommy in that position.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Maybe Axl`s idea of working with Duff again is letting Tommy watch and BBF play..
What does axl call "working with" ? I dont know what what he`d do exactly, and who exactly would need to make the first move, cuz I cant see it being Axl.
Unless he wants to get one over on Slash and help Duff out on a few tracks for another album..
I cant see anything happening.  Just a bunch of words and a way of saying "I dont hate Duff"
He can BS we know that much

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe Duff can be the 4th guitarist.

Board footer