You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

mickronson wrote:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Or Tommy could play maracas or Dizzys bongos for a few songs.

I agree it was just his way of saying "I dont hate Duff", possibly one of his grand gestures that Slash spoke about.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe Duff can be the 4th guitarist.

Well, wasn't his direct quote something like "maybe Duff could play guitar on a song".  Not bass.  You may not be far off.  The more the merrier.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

here is a preview of the stage setup at gnr chinese demomcracy tour 2010

oril2x.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

What they gonna do? Have Tommy sneek off and Duff walk on to a thunderous ovation, play a few songs then walk off to a thunderous ovation - then Tommy walks back on to polite applause???? Tommy wouldnt do it and Duff wouldnt put Tommy in that position.

They would work it like they did with Izzy. They'd do double bass, just like double rhythm. They'd wait until the final songs in the initial set, bring him or them out for things like Patience, Used To Love Her & Nightrain, stuff like that. Close.

Then kick off the encore with some old era song, and Paradise City with Duff & Tommy both, or like Richard & Izzy both, on stage together.

It would work, it wouldn't become a problem.

The only problem I see is if their bands actually open as other acts, then come back as special guests with Guns N' Roses. It's one thing when it's Sebastian Bach, the whole Guns & Skid Row days, but when you start doing that with former GN'R members, actual GN'R founders.

It'd get complicated. Just leave them as special guests, late in the set, or actually return them to Guns N' Roses. But not as openers.

And I think you bring up a very interesting point. These guys have become friendly with each other. Izzy's still cool with GN'R, and has been for years, but he doesn't want the job back imo. And if Duff & Tommy are friends, would Duff, who's perfectly content, really be cool with stealing a good paycheck right out of his friend's hands, by taking the gig back? I don't think so. Duff seems to be a pretty cool guy.

I never thought about like that, so good observation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So for that song...we'd have 3 guitars, 2 bass players, 2 keyboards, a drummer (i assume only 1 at a time), maybe duff vox, and Axl.

I hope the soundman gets paid a shitload. He's got some work cut out for him there!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

How about this... Axl's recruiting Duff to replace himself.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

here is a preview of the stage setup at gnr chinese demomcracy tour 2010

http://i40.tinypic.com/oril2x.jpg

I really could see the Duff/Loaded thing happening. Even Duff dueting with Axl on Dust N' Bones. Maybe even a cover like Duff did with Ron, and Axl did with Izzy.

Someone quoted it above, but Axl said something about playing with Duff - on guitar.

To be honest, since it looks like the stadium summer tour thing isn't happening, this would be a good combo for an up-coming tour, like a 2006 size tour... 

Even though I'd rather see a House of Blues/Hard Rock tour.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

As I posted in an earlier thread. I think GNR had intentions of doing a Summer tour but no promoter would take that on.

They look at the numbers. If GNR can't come close to selling out arenas, why in the fuck would u try and promote a Summer Stadium tour?

no promoter in their right mind would try that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

As I posted in an earlier thread. I think GNR had intentions of doing a Summer tour but no promoter would take that on.

They look at the numbers. If GNR can't come close to selling out arenas, why in the fuck would u try and promote a Summer Stadium tour?

no promoter in their right mind would try that.

I don't think the plan was ever for GNR to go on a summer stadium tour by themselves.  Something like the Van Halen rumor would be more believable.  But as unstable as both those bands have been over the years, it's easy to see how that didn't come to fruition.

Board footer