You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

Supposedly the bb deal ends in 5 days. If that is true we should hear or see something within a couple months if a tour is in the works for fall or winter.

summer is off the table.

if gnr is doing a stadium tour they'd need a big act to help make it possible. i don't think a band like van halen is gonna agree to do a stadium tour if it's promoted fom the hip nor would anyone else involved.

I would think if CD was going to appear in all media outlets next week we'd have heard something about that by now, wouldn't we?  Wouldn't people who work at Target, Sam Goody, FYE, Wal-Mart have caught wind of something by now?

i am not sure. anyone?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

My bud owns a record store http://www.rootsrecords.com/

He says "not yet."

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

My moneys on another cash grab at Christmas time.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it's not a cash grab unless they call it the name of the next album and tour before it's release.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

as sic. summed it up in this thread.
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5796

'If I give you the album, will you let me go now?' There is nothing more anyone of us can demand from Axl Rose.

i think its fair to assume that Axl doesn't want anything anymore to do with this band, himself, the music, the people around him, leechers, good guys, bad guys, media, promoters...etc...

he's done what we wanted him to do and is now finished with it all....simply had enough of it....time for a holiday...

until of course he runs out of cash again, in which case, considering this is the only thing he knows how to do well and earn money from it, we may see him play a few shows for those of us who still feel the nostalgia....but those won't be stadium shows or any "monumental" world tour attempts, but rather simpler shows in areas where they can still make some cash....like South America, maybe a festival or two in Europe...or smaller theater shows like Hammerstein in NY...

CD re-release is toast....it was toast when it was mentioned as an idea way back when....its still toast...unless he adds a whole new disc of songs to it, together with a DVD which is at least 4 hours long, i simply don't see this guy bouncing back in any way, shape or form.

he doesn't want anything to do with this shit anymore, and we cannot blame him for it anymore either.

we got the songs, we got to know some decent (new) musicians over the years, we became their fans...its time to relegate gnr (any version of it) to the history books...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

There must be something on the horizon, I wont start burning effigies just yet.
The mind boggles though how CD was apparantly finished before xmas 2007 leaving a whole year to plan the launch and it was a non event. When it was released there was still nothing organised and there was only "talks" regarding a tour.
They were not exactly slow off the mark with Skwerl and Dr Pepper, why is everything else so half arsed?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

it's not a cash grab unless they call it the name of the next album and tour before it's release.

elmir wrote:

as sic. summed it up in this thread.
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5796

'If I give you the album, will you let me go now?' There is nothing more anyone of us can demand from Axl Rose.

i think its fair to assume that Axl doesn't want anything anymore to do with this band, himself, the music, the people around him, leechers, good guys, bad guys, media, promoters...etc...

he's done what we wanted him to do and is now finished with it all....simply had enough of it....time for a holiday...

until of course he runs out of cash again, in which case, considering this is the only thing he knows how to do well and earn money from it, we may see him play a few shows for those of us who still feel the nostalgia....but those won't be stadium shows or any "monumental" world tour attempts, but rather simpler shows in areas where they can still make some cash....like South America, maybe a festival or two in Europe...or smaller theater shows like Hammerstein in NY...

CD re-release is toast....it was toast when it was mentioned as an idea way back when....its still toast...unless he adds a whole new disc of songs to it, together with a DVD which is at least 4 hours long, i simply don't see this guy bouncing back in any way, shape or form.

he doesn't want anything to do with this shit anymore, and we cannot blame him for it anymore either.

we got the songs, we got to know some decent (new) musicians over the years, we became their fans...its time to relegate gnr (any version of it) to the history books...

Axl's only got so many cash grabs left in him, and I think, if not already, he's maxed it out.

Promoters aren't going to take a chance on 'fake' Guns N' Roses, with cancelled shows each time, and half-full arenas forever.

When Axl sits back and says "we're looking at offers". Read between the lines. What he's saying is, i'm not getting the kind of offers and deals I once did, so i'll just pass on it altogether. Makes perfect sense to his personality. The days of GN'R getting big touring offers, and stadium tours, and all that egotistical shit are LONG over. He's lucky he even gets arena offers anymore.

I don't blame him for wanting to rid himself of this shit, all I want is to stop pussyfootin' around the issue and call it what it is. None of this shit, that your not a real fan if you call Guns N' Roses a non-existant band or a band that died in 1993 or a cover band or Chinese Democracy a bomb, which is basically what the situation is. By stating that, somehow you're a hater and a detractor.

I've never seen an artist before with more contempt for his fans, than Axl.

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think alot of Europeans, who apparently still really dig Axl Rose over there, misunderstand the severity of Axl's situation in the states. People are DONE WITH HIM AND THIS WHOLE BULLSHIT WITH NEW GUNS. They're DONE!

if nobody cares about him in the states doesn't mean he's finished. he can still make money outside the states if he really wants to. but the more he waits the harder it will get.

and they are doing now what they've been doing for the last 10 years. nothing has changed

Actually everthing has changed. I agree with you that Axl can still have a career. He can do a solo thing, and it be cool, but on a business level, it won't be much more than what Bret Michaels & Sebastian Bach already do, minus the reality shows.

But as for GNR's situation, 10 years ago, they were still riding that mystique of a once monumental rock n' roll band, the Queen or Stones of their generation. A band that simply seemed to burn out, at the zenith of their career. Even though grunge had it's affect, GN'R was still immensely popular in 1993/94. Axl was riding that legend myth still, and then discussions of an upcoming album that was going to be his magnum opus started, with Chinese Democracy. They rode that to interest in a tour in 2002 and of course the cash grab in 2006-07. But those tours were not runaway successes, and in fact 2002 was an utter disaster, as was their appearence on the 2002 VMA's. Even Axl's appearence on the 2006 VMA's, left many of the current generation of music fans like - "who?" And of course we have the elephant in the middle of the room.... the bomb of Chinese Democracy, which was built up for years as a legendary "what if" album, that was on the way for over a decade.

All of these were total strikeouts at the plate for them. Now he's got no at-bats left to save the game... except for one. 21

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Promoters aren't going to take a chance on 'fake' Guns N' Roses, with cancelled shows each time, and half-full arenas forever.

When Axl sits back and says "we're looking at offers". Read between the lines. What he's saying is, i'm not getting the kind of offers and deals I once did, so i'll just pass on it altogether. Makes perfect sense to his personality. The days of GN'R getting big touring offers, and stadium tours, and all that egotistical shit are LONG over. He's lucky he even gets arena offers anymore.

Yeah, I think his options were do a small venue tour, with an opening act, do the radio festival circuit, sharing the stage with others, or being the opening act to someone. 

None of which are exactly what Axl's used to. Let alone the amount of money per show he was probably offered being alot lower than in the past. The record sales probably lowered that even more, as the hype and anticipation was gone.

Sky Dog wrote:

He needs to do a theatre tour with venues the size of Hammerstein.....he still has a solid core of fanatics who will pay good money to see an intimate show in a theatre. There is still money to be made and you wouldn't need a lame ass opening act.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter. He has packed it in....

The last cash grab for the new band would be to release a limited edition Chinese Democracy boxset with everything in it. Do it right for the hardcores, and they will shell out plenty for it. Then, wash your hands of it and either go solo, quit the industry altogether, or reunite wit the original lineup. 15

Board footer