You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

misterID wrote:

Axlin -

That post was not directly pointed at you!

It was aimed at a group of people, which for some time you've been a part of (not only saying the band was over but a reunion was going to happen) that have been saying the band is finished. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I have been hearing the same thing for years, starting back at HTGTH. And not only do certan people take glee in stating the band is dead, they take offense when you question their assumptions, when they keep stating it over and over again as if it were fact. Again, that isn't directed at you.

I don't see anything pointing to him wanting out, and I don't see one thing that's different about now than how its been for the last ten years.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hear 'ya. Guess I should stop directly quoting you, because my original posts were meant in general also. 16

This is another issue with the fuckin' fanbase man, that just boggles the mind. All these goddamn factions, like it's the WWE.

If you're pro-new band, you're a blind Axlite
If you like Slash, you must hate new GN'R, and you're a naysayer
If you simply like the new GN'R, and call them out on bad moves, suddenly your not a real fan.

You know who is to blame for all this? BETA! 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's cool, man cool

And I've been accused of all those stances at HTGTH... And that was just in one day 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

still, CD with its cover mistakes, sonic glitches, absence of videos and promotion, sons of employees throwing out legendary A&R men, bitter interviews and now silence....Not quite the phoenix from the flame I had imagined..
AND not quite the project mangers of that calibre would like to be associated with, it makes them look bad too - much more dangerous.
The souring of business ties will choke this band to death.

Remember the world is in a deep recession, but the music business is in COLLAPSE...there is just no room at the top level for divas that don't sell anymore.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I hear 'ya. Guess I should stop directly quoting you, because my original posts were meant in general also. 16

This is another issue with the fuckin' fanbase man, that just boggles the mind. All these goddamn factions, like it's the WWE.

If you're pro-new band, you're a blind Axlite
If you like Slash, you must hate new GN'R, and you're a naysayer
If you simply like the new GN'R, and call them out on bad moves, suddenly your not a real fan.

You know who is to blame for all this? BETA! 14

I agree with you about the fanbase, although I think that happens outside the GNR world.  Every band/team have their fair weather fans who love everything when things are going good, bail when they're not.  Some are always optimistic, some not so much.  It's true in all walks of life.

The Slash hate/Axl love doesn't make much sense to me.  Why you can't love them both I don't quite understand.  I can understand not agreeing with things that have been said or done over the years and Axl has made it seem that Slash has kept him down over all these years, so I guess that lends to the Slash hate.  If that's true though, I think Axl could've rose above it if things were handled a little differently and a lot earlier.

But again, I've got to agree with misterID on the "band is sinking/dead/sunk/dying/what have you" mantra.  It's been going on for YEARS and they haven't died yet.  So why should I believe that this is REALLY it?  I know you (and that's a collective "you") have a long list of reasons.  But there was a long list of reasons last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago and it hasn't happened yet.  The thing that seems to be harped on is how they're not nearly as big as they used to be.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  They'll never be as big as they were.  I don't think anyone, even Axl, is expecting that.  That doesn't mean they have to go crawl into a corner and die.  And the argument that people no longer care for Axl Rose and how GNR is now at the same level as Poison, Def Leppard, or whatever other band that was big in the 80's doesn't fly with me either.  As lackluster as sales for Chinese Democracy were in the US, those bands would KILL for those sales these days.  They would KILL to be able to sell out Madison Square Garden again. 

In my eyes, GNR are not dead.  They're not on life support, they're not about to break up.  They're the same as they've been the last 10 years.  They have a lineup intact, hopefully this one will stick for awhile, and hopefully they'll be out touring sometime soon.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL.  They have a lineup intact?  Are you serious?  They released an album that doesn't have the 2 most important contributors not named Axl in the band any more.  The "intact" lineup has never played a show together.  What they have is a bunch of contractors (hopefully) ready to do their best to parade around as GnR if Axl ever decides he wants to do that.

They are dead.  The world isn't interested.  If they did a theatre tour announcing in advance that they were ONLY playing CD songs, they would never sellout a single show (without doing their ticket giveawys and then claiming a sellout) and half of those that showed up would leave soon after they figured out they really weren't going to play any of the songs they wanted to hear. 

Does that mean they can't make music and go on aborted tours every few years?  No.  But that doesn't mean the band is alive.  It's over and the sooner you accept that, the happier you're going to be.  No band that was as big as GnR has ever survived this kind of turnover and I have no idea why ANYBODY would think they were going to.  I don't think there's any joy that the band is dead, but most of us aren't clinging to false hope from a man that has done nothing other than let us down for the past 16 years.

GnR = Axl and Slash.  It's not fair, it's not right, but that's what it is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Thanks for trying to tell me how to live my life, but I'm plenty happy with my beliefs.  Did I SAY the current lineup released or played on CD?  I don't remember ever pointing that out.  I simply said they HAVE a lineup, with which hopefully they will move forward, tour, and release more music.  And I could care less if they play Giants Stadium, Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, or my backyard.  If they play, I'LL be there.  I could care less if 60,000 people come with me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Thanks for trying to tell me how to live my life, but I'm plenty happy with my beliefs.  Did I SAY the current lineup released or played on CD?  I don't remember ever pointing that out.  I simply said they HAVE a lineup, with which hopefully they will move forward, tour, and release more music.  And I could care less if they play Giants Stadium, Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, or my backyard.  If they play, I'LL be there.  I could care less if 60,000 people come with me.

Do what you want, I didn't tell you to do anything, I merely made a suggestion.

Did I SAY that you said they were on CD?  I don't remember ever pointing THAT out.  By your definition, I have a lineup too.  Nobody wants to see me play CD songs either.

The point is that unless people want to go see them, there will be no show anywhere.  You seem to be missing the point.  YOU may want to go, but without a lot of others that feel the same, there won't be a show.  So you better start caring if others want to go.

faldor wrote:

If they play, I'LL be there.  I could care less if 60,000 people come with me.

That's the way I've always seen it.

I don't give a shit about the "drama" anymore, hence why I stay out of a lot of discussions.

Board footer