You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Revisiting the Billboard Interview

AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever is going on, the "Best Buy" deal presumably is about to expire soon or has just expired.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Who funds a tour and videos? Is it the band?
How much help would they get from the label if the attitude is "the band, to a man, hates the record company with a passion"?

Mabye thats part of why there was talk of a joint tour with Van Halen, GN'R dont have much options to get out there on their own unless they fund it themselves.

I don't know the logistics.  I would think it's a shared expense(s).  Does anyone know how the Rock Band deal got done?  Was that through the label?  Because if it was, that's SOMETHING they did, right?

Axl was involved with that in some form, I remember the Rock Band folk talking about Axl trying the game out when they first got Shacklers Revenge.

I just noticed gunsnroses.com never bothered to update the site and mention the whole album is now available for Rock Band 2. That positive development just kind of slipped out under the radar.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think any monumental promo was ever planned on their part of Axl's. It was all a smoke screen.

Axl was done with this clusterfuck years ago, still had an obligation, Azoff allowed him to clear the debt, deliver the album, and walk away clean.

And that's what he's done. Walk away. He might not be done with music, but he just might be done with Guns N' Roses.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think there is anything to suggest Axl is done with Guns N Roses.

Silences like this have been going on since 1993 at least.

I know the band does a lot of stuff that pisses people off and must take it's share of critism for not doing interviews etc....but to me it's clear as hell that the record comapny has not marketed this record properly at all - and from what you hear about these companies from a number of artists - I don't find it surprising at all that they promiced Axl things they couldn't deliver. GNR has then compounded the situation by responding with a "if you wont help me, I won't help me either" kind of responce...but it's not just GNR, the way this record has been handled from a business point of view is an utter disgrace to Interscope IMO.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I just noticed gunsnroses.com never bothered to update the site and mention the whole album is now available for Rock Band 2. That positive development just kind of slipped out under the radar.

14 Thanks for the laugh. I never check the official site, so have no idea what they decide to post. Funny they can bring up "Dan Druff's missing bike", but wont mention the album being released on the most popular video game.

This band doesn't even try.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

14 Thanks for the laugh. I never check the official site, so have no idea what they decide to post. Funny they can bring up "Dan Druff's missing bike", but wont mention the album being released on the most popular video game.

This band doesn't even try.

Bike was only mentioned on the Myspace. Rockband was also only mentioned on Myspace. Ergo Rockband is as important as a missing bike... oh

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What a bloody mess that is. The webmaster should be shot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The webmaster is only as good as the people behind him.

Just like Jarmo. He sold out, so he reports what Beta tells him to. Thus the reason there's never any news, and the stuff that is discussed/reported, is the stupidest fuckin' shit on the planet. And Beta only passes on info she's told to.

All roads lead back to one person on how everything has been handled from top-to-bottom.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I keep screaming this

Read Motley Crue's "The Dirt"

Nikki talks about how The label called them in and basically said fire john Corabi and get back Vince or we will not support anything u do.

This is obviously happening here. They are basically telling Axl to get back with the original or we aren't supporting shit.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I doubt they would give him money upfront ever again with his track record, no matter who is in the band.

Board footer