You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

Neemo wrote:

I havew never been a NIN fan, their music is crap....yeah axl is an idiot sometimes, at least he makes good music though

one thing I never understood was how people compared Axl to Trent...they are not alike at all IMO

I have never really voiced my opinion on NIN cuz well this isnt an NIN site, if it was i wouldnt be here, i know alot of people like them but thats their problem not mine 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nothing wrong with people liking or disliking NIN, but saying they're irrelevant is a massive stretch. They most certainly are not irrelevant. Go to a party and bring Chinese Democracy and a copy of The Slip. I don't think you need to guess which will get a stronger reaction by the crowd. The chicks will be dancing to Discipline, and if there aren't any forum nerds in the crowd, people will be requesting CD be turned off.

Don't believe me? Put it to that test. Then post in this thread and be honest.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I havew never been a NIN fan, their music is crap....yeah axl is an idiot sometimes, at least he makes good music though

one thing I never understood was how people compared Axl to Trent...they are not alike at all IMO

I have never really voiced my opinion on NIN cuz well this isnt an NIN site, if it was i wouldnt be here, i know alot of people like them but thats their problem not mine 16

And I believe you Neemo.  I actually don't remember you voicing your opinion on NIN.  But a lot had and now are hating NIN.  While I do think it is stupid from Trent to trash other artists I won't hate him just cause he had one bad comment on Axl.  Actually he has been having fun at Axl's expense for a few years now.  I love the song hurt and that album actually I think it's called Downward Spiral but am not sure.  I do know it is the only NIN album I own.

If it's something that really fucking bugs me it is the people who constantly bitch and moan about the people who doesn't think that Axl can do no wrong are the people who constantly bitch and moan that Axl can do no right!

That same thing goes for people who do the same with Slash, any other former/present member of GN'R or anyone at all.

It's the same damn thing in opposite views and it shouldn't have to be that way. There should be some sort of middle ground.

It's driving me crazy.

Trent basically said "I'm not some fucking Axl Rose" and heads just start to explode.

Seriously... Who gives a shit?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there is no doubt that NIN is more relevant to current music than GnR..doesnt mean i have to like it 16

gnfnraxl..yeah its the downward spiral, the yellow one right? i have that, further down the spiral, broken and pretty hate machine in my collection...they belong to my wife 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

If anything was happening, no one.

mygnr is talking about Axl's eyes.

We're talking about Trent Reznor.

Its an active year obviously. Fasten your seat belts...

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

If it's something that really fucking bugs me it is the people who constantly bitch and moan about the people who doesn't think that Axl can do no wrong are the people who constantly bitch and moan that Axl can do no right!

That same thing goes for people who do the same with Slash, any other former/present member of GN'R or anyone at all.

It's the same damn thing in opposite views and it shouldn't have to be that way. There should be some sort of middle ground.

It's driving me crazy.

Trent basically said "I'm not some fucking Axl Rose" and heads just start to explode.

I don't think this post was aimed at me but still.  I agree with this.  If Axl does something right I say it sadly it doesn't happen that often in the last few years.  So it may appear that I point out more the bad things but fuck he has made more bad moves or decisions than good ones.

And Neemo yeah it's the yellow one.

And James NIN IS more relevant than Axl is today.  It'snot even a close call.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

there is no doubt that NIN is more relevant to current music than GnR..doesnt mean i have to like it 16

Yep. I mean Coldplay and some American Idol contestants are more relevant to music today than GNR. Doesn't mean I have to like their music any better then CD.

I agree Russ.  But doesn't mean one has to hate NIN suddenly just cause Trent made a negative comment towards Axl.  Or has to start liking NIN for the same reason.  And just so we're clear I'm not saying you hate NIN cause he called Axl an idiot.

James Lofton wrote:

If anything was happening, no one.

Even if Guns N' Roses were on top of the world people would still talk about this and boil over with frustration.

Some would rip Trent into shreds because he said something bad while some would take every chance they get to call Axl a dick.

It's never going to end and that's the way it's always been.

gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't think this post was aimed at me but still.

It wasn't aimed at anyone specific. I just wanted to point it out when we got into that discussion.

Board footer