You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

Sky Dog wrote:

Prince, as an artist, far exceeds Reznor in talent and in megastardom....that is without question. I would consider Prince probably the only true musical genius of my generation (I'm 42). As far as Axl and Trent, I think Trent is more talented as an overall musician, but his career has not been close to as successful as Axl's (probably why Trent is always having a go at him-it obviously bugs him.)

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If u compare trent and Axl though

What if Axl had to play everything himself and produce himself though?

Could he outdo Trent?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Could he outdo Trent?

That's funny.  If Axl had to do it all himself, there would never be an album.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think I would have to go with Trent....easily. Axl is a nice writer, has a very unique voice, and plays a pretty good piano. But, Trent can literally do it all and has proven so many times. smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I dont know though

on NIN CD's, they usually lack big time guitar, so Axl may be able to do a piano,electronic effects kind of thing with basic guitar shit over top.

his voice etc gives him a leg up if he could do the other stuff halfway great.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Could he outdo Trent?

That's funny.  If Axl had to do it all himself, there would never be an album.

I agree.  If Axl had to do it all then forget it, we'd never hear anything ever again.  He has a band and we hardly hear any music so imagine if he was alone.  I tell you D we'd never be able to compare cause Axl wouldn't be able to do shit.  And madagas.  I agree, Prince is very good.  Purple Rain is one of my all time fav.  I've listend to Prince way more times than GNR and that says a lot.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's just attention whoring.  What better way for a music guy to get noticed than by saying things about famous people that most music fans agree with.  I know I'm Captain Obvious sometimes, but this one takes the cake.

You know what's sad?  I knew clicking on this thread that people would rip into Trent for this.  That was more obvious than his statements or you.  And some who slam him now praised him not too long ago.  People I'm sorry to say this but he's right.  Axl is a fucking idiot.  He's proven it time and time and time again and time again could go on like the fucking energizer bunny.  Anyone who still thinks Axl has this huge masterplan is living in a fantasy world.  As for Simmons, Durst and Manson.  Simmons you can't say his name or Kiss's name without owing him a quarter.  He's a smart business man I'll give him that but he seems to be one of the world's biggest asshole ever.  As for Durst only thing I can say is why name him?  He's as relevant as T'Pau now.  I mean come on!  And Manson.  I don't know the guy but yeah I could've said this guy ruined his life and carreer with drugs and alcohol.  Another one that is pretty much irrelevant.  As a matter of fact Durst and Manson should call Trent up and thank him for metioning their names out there.  And before the accusations fly I am not a NIN fan or a Trent fan.  Just that I can't argue with him there.

I don't really have a problem with what he said about Axl.  When I read that he "BLASTED" Axl, I expected A LOT more than what was said.  It's really not that big a deal to me.  But Trent does seem to like to talk shit about fellow musicians.  That feud he started with Chris Cornell wasn't really needed, or productive.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Trent has been getting better about this sort of thing, but those are pretty bad excerpts. I love NIN and think Trent is the model for how to run a hard rock band with a large fanbase, but these comments are pretty meaningless. I won't really flame him for it, other than to say I thought his thing with Manson was long done, and that the Radiohead and Cornell stuff was way better. He had a point and backed it up.

I'll defend what he said about Prince too - which was simply that Prince was a pretentious dick to him when they were at the same studio, and that it hurt him because he loved Prince growing up. That's not much of a slam and it's hard to think that it wasn't a true story.

But these three comments were unneeded. Even if Manson is a joke, Gene is a marketer before a musician, and Axl... yeah he's a lot of negative things, but this was a weird time and place for him to say it.

Trent is a fairly loyal guy. Those that he connects with he says incredible things about. David Bowie, Jane's Addiction, Saul Williams, etc.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is an idiot, but at least he has talent. NIN has always, always will, and does SUCK.

Board footer