You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's just attention whoring.  What better way for a music guy to get noticed than by saying things about famous people that most music fans agree with.  I know I'm Captain Obvious sometimes, but this one takes the cake.

I agree.

I enjoy trent's music quite a lot and have a lot of respect for him as an artist and songwriter/producer.

However I can't agree with his opinions on all these other people.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Trent Reznor cant hold a candle to Gene Simmons. Fucking right.

Fuck Reznor and fuck that lame ass band Nine Inch Nails.

Rock n Roll brother!
http://www.spawn.com/toys/music/other/g … _01_dl.jpg

Yeah that Ozzy sure isnt a rocker either! Or Zakk Wylde, or Dimebag Darrell...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl is an idiot, but at least he has talent. NIN has always, always will, and does SUCK.

I think they both have tallent. I don't like everything NIN does, but they definately have some good songs with interesting production and arrangment.

I also don't think Axl is an idiot, he seems very clever and well spoken in interviews, he just has a perspective on things not matched by most people, which makes him make choices we don't accept or understand at times.

At the end of the day, both Axl and Trent are pretty interesting characters and musicians.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Anybody who likes CD and then goes on to say they don't like NIN at all and they suck and can't appreciate even some NIN songs is LIER! Am I to actually believe that hard rock fans here on a  Gn'R board think Head Like a Hole, Sin, Terrible Lie, Something I can Never Have,  Wish, Gave Up, Happiness in Slavery, Heresy, Ruiner, Closer,  Hurt,  Into the Void, The Day the World Went Away,  Hands that Feed, Only, Right Where it Belongs, Capital G, Discipline, Echoplex are all shitty songs when they like stuff like Better, Shackler's and TIL?   Shut the fuck up! Seriously anyone bitching like a  little baby about NIN sucking either hasn't listend to them or really needs to seperate themselves from Axl's hip cause it's really embarassing to see how offended some of you obviously are over these meaningless stupid comments. 

As for Trent well he's always been an asshole when it comes to knocking other artists. He's always been an eliteist fuck when it comes to music. I remember him saying in an interview once  "I'm ready to make music good again" and trust me in the context of the interview he clearly ment he felt his music his the be all end all of what's good. 

As for Axl not holding Trent's Jock strap well trust me on this one. Next time you get a chance to go see NIN live in concert you might wanna just forget it if you wanna keep Axl high up on the untouchable pedesatal cause I'm sorry to say your opinion on this matter will be drastically altered.

Trent is an active recording and touring artist who respects his fanbase. He's a creative force in the industry who pushes the boundaries of the live show as well. Axl is fuck all in 2009. Some of you need a reality check.  Trent is a  docuhe for blasting people for the sake of it but who sounds more ridiculous? Him or the Gn'R fans that start yelling "NIN fucking sucks! fuck me they blow fuck boo fucking hoo!!!" I'd expect that shit from Miley Cyrus's fans if Taylor Swift called her an idiot. haha

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl is an idiot, but at least he has talent. NIN has always, always will, and does SUCK.

What good is it to have talent and let it go to waste?  NIN suck?  To you they do.  To others they don't and GNR sucks to others.  So the fact that NIN sucks is debateable as I don't like them either.  Wether I like NIN I still say Reznor has talent.  Just listen to the son Hurt.  But what can't be debated and you admitted so yourself is that Axl IS an idiot.  And CC if Prince was a dick to Reznor then all gloves are off and Prince deserves to get shit from the guy.  Faldor.  What Trent said is meaningless and quite franctly I can't believe it got it's own thread.  I don't know what he said of Cornell so can't comment.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Anybody who likes CD and then goes on to say they don't like NIN at all and they suck and can't appreciate even some NIN songs is LIER! Am I to actually believe that hard rock fans here on a  Gn'R board think Head Like a Hole, Sin, Terrible Lie, Something I can Never Have,  Wish, Gave Up, Happiness in Slavery, Heresy, Ruiner, Closer,  Hurt,  Into the Void, The Day the World Went Away,  Hands that Feed, Only, Right Where it Belongs, Capital G, Discipline, Echoplex are all shitty songs when they like stuff like Better, Shackler's and TIL?   Shut the fuck up! Seriously anyone bitching like a  little baby about NIN sucking either hasn't listend to them or really needs to seperate themselves from Axl's hip cause it's really embarassing to see how offended some of you obviously are over these meaningless stupid comments. 

As for Trent well he's always been an asshole when it comes to knocking other artists. He's always been an eliteist fuck when it comes to music. I remember him saying in an interview once  "I'm ready to make music good again" and trust me in the context of the interview he clearly ment he felt his music his the be all end all of what's good. 

As for Axl not holding Trent's Jock strap well trust me on this one. Next time you get a chance to go see NIN live in concert you might wanna just forget it if you wanna keep Axl high up on the untouchable pedesatal cause I'm sorry to say your opinion on this matter will be drastically altered.

Trent is an active recording and touring artist who respects his fanbase. He's a creative force in the industry who pushes the boundaries of the live show as well. Axl is fuck all in 2009. Some of you need a reality check.  Trent is a  docuhe for blasting people for the sake of it but who sounds more ridiculous? Him or the Gn'R fans that start yelling "NIN fucking sucks! fuck me they blow fuck boo fucking hoo!!!" I'd expect that shit from Miley Cyrus's fans if Taylor Swift called her an idiot. haha

Firstly, I am not a NIN fan by any stretch but I do like some of the songs you mentioned.  I love "Hurt", but even if I didn't and thought "Street of Dreams" was the best song ever, that's my opinion.  That doesn't make it right or wrong, I'm the judge of that (it's my OPINION after all).  So I don't see where you're going with your argument.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono, that had to be a drunken tirade..:haha:..but point made. However, since someone brought up Radiohead, I'll take Thom Yorke/Radiohead over Trent/NIN any day of the week. Radiohead is far more diverse than NIN.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono, that had to be a drunken tirade..:haha:..but point made. However, since someone brought up Radiohead, I'll take Thom Yorke/Radiohead over Trent/NIN any day of the week. Radiohead is far more diverse than NIN.

Not to take anything away from Trent, he's done amazing things and is an amazing musician.  But he's lucky if he's as relevant as Axl these days, which obviously isn't saying much.  He may be leaps ahead of the community as far as recording and distributing his own music goes, but NIN isn't exactly setting the world on fire these days.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

No it doesn't.

Axl does Trent's format better than him, because he has the actual talent to pull it off. Trent doesn't, thus NIN - suck.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

No it doesn't.

Axl does Trent's format better than him, because he has the actual talent to pull it off. Trent doesn't, thus NIN - suck.

^This

I love Chinese Democracy, but can't stand Nine Inch Nails. And yes I've listened to Reznor. I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard.

Board footer