You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

karma....agree..almost posted that one hot single and a tiny bit of effort, he's back in the game. He will always get a ton of media attention so that will never be an issue.

Its even more true in this singles driven culture of Itunes ruling the music world. All you need is a song. Still blows my mind he didn't include a kick ass single with the album. Maybe he doesn't have one, but he can either write one or revamp the lineup to include people who can.

He definitely has no problems with the media. He can sit at home and make the front page of Yahoo with a leak. Imagine what he could do if he actually did a major promo campaign.

He still has hurdles to jump over. The public at large did not care about this album. I think the strategy to use is acting like the album simply never existed(GNR's Van Halen 3) and moving forward with a new record and lineup within the next year or two.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is nowhere near big enough to be compared to Elvis.  His posse may tell him he is, but he isn't.

I know he is not...just comparing the posse's and Axl today is kinda like the fat Elvis. 19

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

karma....agree..almost posted that one hot single and a tiny bit of effort, he's back in the game. He will always get a ton of media attention so that will never be an issue.

Its even more true in this singles driven culture of Itunes ruling the music world. All you need is a song. Still blows my mind he didn't include a kick ass single with the album. Maybe he doesn't have one, but he can either write one or revamp the lineup to include people who can.

He definitely has no problems with the media. He can sit at home and make the front page of Yahoo with a leak. Imagine what he could do if he actually did a major promo campaign.

He still has hurdles to jump over. The public at large did not care about this album. I think the strategy to use is acting like the album simply never existed(GNR's Van Halen 3) and moving forward with a new record and lineup within the next year or two.

Yep, dump all the Chinese material in to a boxset for the hardcores. It would probably be quite profitable. Then, either start from scratch with the new lineup and call it a "solo" act or play the reunion card. Just my two cents.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yep, dump all the Chinese material in to a boxset for the hardcores. It would probably be quite profitable. Then, either start from scratch with the new lineup and call it a "solo" act or play the reunion card. Just my two cents.

The problem with further New GNR releases is that UMG will probably refuse to release it because of how bad that CD did.  I think there almost has to be something original GNR bundled it here to make sure that it'll sell.

The reunion card is the only thing that Axl has in his corner that anybody (ie mainstream) is interested in right now.  That's why Azoff won't ever dump him--it's a free lottery ticket waiting to be cashed out whenever Axl changes him mind about Slash. 

I agree with most about the media--they're on his side and let's face it the public likes comeback stories.  Axl has one tailor for made whenever he chooses to reunite.  He's already been knocked down several pegs with the CD fiasco.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You know, if he was playing ball with the media, they wouldn't be half as interested in him. He makes the headlines because he rarely gives a shit about the media. He's a media-recluse. And Bon Jovi is annoyed why he gets all the attention. Axl gets the attention because he never speaks! That's why they are after him. He's caught in his own little maelstrom. The more he stays away from them, the more do they want him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not saying any of this will happen. It most likely will not happen. However, the opportunity is there(its always been there) if he wants it.

I agree.

If metallica can come back with Death Magnetic after what they did to their fan base with St Anger...thenGNR, could regain fans if the right steps were taken.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The problem with further New GNR releases is that UMG will probably refuse to release it because of how bad that CD did.  I think there almost has to be something original GNR bundled it here to make sure that it'll sell.

The reunion card is the only thing that Axl has in his corner that anybody (ie mainstream) is interested in right now.  That's why Azoff won't ever dump him--it's a free lottery ticket waiting to be cashed out whenever Axl changes him mind about Slash. 

I agree with most about the media--they're on his side and let's face it the public likes comeback stories.  Axl has one tailor for made whenever he chooses to reunite.  He's already been knocked down several pegs with the CD fiasco.

Yeah, as much as I (and others) bring up the media bashing Axl, they were and always will be willing to give Axl a fair shot.  They did so with CD and Axl wasn't willing to play along.  They'd do so in the future but the expecations get less and less with each passing day.  But IF Axl called into the Howard Stern Show or called up Conan and told him he wanted to go on I don't think they'd hesitate.  They'd take him in a second.  Of course, I don't ever see that happening, but nonetheless. 

As for Azoff and the record company holding out or demanding a reunion.  I don't think that's what's going on.  Of course I'm sure they wouldn't mind it one bit but I don't think they're trying to force Axl in that direction because they know it's a fruitless effort at this point in time.  I think Azoff got involved in this because he believed in Axl and hoped he could revive his/GNR's career.  And let's not forget he was the man who got the 10 year in the making album released.  He'll go down in history for that.  Of course I don't think it happened quite how he expected it too, but it happened and that's a miracle in and of itself.  I think he still believes in Axl, but the question of whether Axl will participate is definitely a concern.  And at this point it certainly doesn't seem like he's interested.  So Azoff isn't going anywhere on his own.  He's got no reason to really.  IF Axl fires him for good, he'll still come out smelling like roses.  His reputation won't be tarnished one bit.  Would it really surprise anyone that someone had trouble managing Axl Rose?  I think not.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Ditch this Chinese shit and era(or wrap it in a box like Madagas said), and come back next year with a marketable lineup capable of writing killer tunes.

Axl
Tommy
DJ Ashba
Kim Thayil
Justine Frischmann
Pitman
Dizzy
Greg Bissonette

Amazing lineup in place, killer songs written and ready for launch pad.

The problem with further New GNR releases is that UMG will probably refuse to release it because of how bad that CD did.

It did alright considering no artist participation. Imagine if Axl went outside his house and had a lineup the media was interested in?

*exits fantasy land*

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The next album won't have a curiosity factor.  It won't even register on the radar.

Board footer