You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: What does your crystal ball see in the future for the Gunners?

Neemo wrote:

they'll tour eventually
they'll release a revised version of CD eventually
they'll release the followup eventually
Axl, Slash, Duff will reunite eventually

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

they'll tour eventually

I like the crystal ball your using the best. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bono needs to get laid

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

they'll tour eventually

I like the crystal ball your using the best. 16

Hopefully!

more likely -Look into my balls!

[youtube]CktcNcwIxVI&feature=related[/youtube]

All kidding aside
1.they'll release a revised version of CD eventually
2. tour/interviews/promote new gnr
3. tour
4. they'll release the followup eventually
4. tour
5. tour
6. retire

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl will, tragically, expire while trying to reprise the "leaping off a tanker to swim with dolphins" stunt for the new, improved Better video.

Some bright spark at the record company will cull all Axl's vocal tracks from the unreleased songs, and get Slash, Izzy and Duff in to record new instrumental backing tracks. The resultant Made in Heaven-style album will sell millions.

Buckethead will release 1001 albums in a year, and, his work on Earth complete, will return to his home planet.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I'm looking into the crystal ball......Hmmmmm
I see after Axl calms down a bit he will approach his career of one or two ways: He will audition an unknown lead guitarist and drummer who will be the new nucleus behind Axl. They will pick up a bass player and another guitarist to do the backup parts. Dizzy will be on keyboard duty. After three months of intense rehearsing they will do a mini-tour to promote CD. While they are touring the lead guitarist and Axl will begin writing songs as a team. They will come up with some new hard rock music that will inspire a new audience.
After the mini-tour they will go into the studio and record the new material and release it under a new group name. As a result of leaving the past behind Axl and his new partners in crime will accidentally skyrocket and become a number one seller on the music charts. Old and new G&R fans will realize that the new group is something so special they will give thumbs up to the new band and pay them the well earned respect they deserve because they proved themselves to be a great band without hiding under the G&R logo or past associates of the band!!!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
DCK wrote:

he will never play with them

Willing to take a bet on that? 

slash's solo album will at least double the u.s sales of chinese democracy.

Naive.

i think this incarnation is dead in the water and most likely will never play live or release anything again.

You must be inexperienced.

not trying to be negative or funny.

Not trying, but certainly is.

Let me enlighten you.

These posts have been around the last 10 years or so. They're nothing new and they never come true.

Are you serious?? They've all come true & they're the most obvious predictions one can make. It's like prediciting the Detroit Lions won't make the Super Bowl!!

DCK wrote:

he will never play with them

Willing to take a bet on that? .

Do you really think a tour is going to begin a year after the albums been released?? 14:laugh:

DCK wrote:

slash's solo album will at least double the u.s sales of chinese democracy.

Naive..

I'm sure VR way outsold CD. All it needs is one hit single, from one good singer (out of about 12 that will likely be on it. Kravitz, Cornell), and he'll done it.

DCK wrote:

i think this incarnation is dead in the water and most likely will never play live or release anything again.

You must be inexperienced..

INEXPERIENCED???  They were dead for almost 14 straight years, with a couple false starts in between!! Calling them "Not dead" in the future would really be going out on a limb and risking the odds.

DCK wrote:

not trying to be negative or funny.

Not trying, but certainly is..

Truth hurts I suppose.  That or you're delusional & still think this bands making a comeback.

My prediction:  Nothing happens. No tour. CD's burnt toast. In 3-5 years a bizarre compilation/vaults album is released, with little publicity/marketing. I guess the record company finally caves in & cashes out. It sells very llittle, like the recent Nirvana or Tupac box sets that come out every few years. Axl's then free for a new company. Probably releases another bad album in 5-6 years. Reunion in about 10 years. Much to late for any new material. It'll be like when the Stones or the Who tour in the 90's. I'd be willing to put money on it that they end up like Zep, and never reunite though too.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

hey dck, wasn't even gonna respond to your opinions on my thoughts on the topic of this post. just thought i'd say in my own defense that there is nothing inexperienced about me when it comes to this band and any line-up they ever had. i think it is you who are naive if you can't see what is or isn't gonna happen.  i stand by my predictions. i believe slash's album will outsell cd for the same reasons pasnow thinks if not only because slash is more popular than axl rose let alone the fact that i feel slash will have at least one hit single which would be one more than cd had. look, i'll say it again.......i love axl as much as any fan out there. i love cd. i was hoping the best for him and his new band. problem is i live in the real world and can read the writing on the wall. wake up dck you are just setting yourself up for a big letdown. i do however hope you are right. peace be with you.

Sky Dog wrote:

I see a re-release coming....Mygnr looks to have some new artwork floating around that may be legit.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I see a re-release with new artwork.

CD001.jpg

Board footer