You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I can name 10 Bob Dylan albums that are better than Chinese....but that isn't really a put down.:cool:

I really need to dive into Dylan's discography. In my youth that voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me so I always avoided him at all costs. Was never exposed to much of his music because nobody I knew was much of a fan.

Wether you're a dude or a chic I don't know but son you need to stop taking drugs.

Don't blame drugs on that insanity. Drugs actually broaden someone's musical horizon.

If it is drugs and happens to be pills, please PM me the number imprinted on the pill so I'll know to avoid it all costs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually if Robin is actually better than anyone, it's Dylan.

Most gigantically overrated artist of all time - Bob Dylan.

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

the rolling stones r overrated too. keith got nothing on robin. neither does jimmy or eric. overrated hacks

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Back OT, i'm actually quite interested to see how they handle a TAB book of this album.

I mean there's the three guitars to start with, but a number of songs like CD and IRS have a whole host of overdubs and stuff going on as well to my ears.

Be cool if they tab all 5 or 6 guitars or whatever that some of them have. But they'll need pretty good ears!

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

who cares about a tab book? how boring. i'd rather watch grass grow

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
robin67 wrote:

who cares about a tab book? how boring. i'd rather watch grass grow

Then go watch grass grow and get the fuck out of this thread.

There's no point in you thread jacking threads with Fink love letters when you don't even give a shit about the threads you're posting in.

Axlin08 wrote:

Robin has one songwriting credit on his resume, which stretches back to the mid 90s. While I agree that Dylan is overrated, lets keep comparisons in the realm of reality. 16

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

absolutely speechless.....:nervous:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Robin has one songwriting credit on his resume, which stretches back to the mid 90s. While I agree that Dylan is overrated, lets keep comparisons in the realm of reality. 16

That's actually pretty impressive.  To be employed musically in some well known acts despite having (now) a total of 1 writing credit.  I would think that's hard to do in rock music.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

All this factionalism among GN'R fans displeases me mightily. I appreciate Robin has strengths and weaknesses, just as Fortus, Bumble and Buckethead do. And they all add up to something marvelous.

Given how Axl's dragging his heels lately, I find myself vaguely wondering if they couldn't just dump him and find a new frontman. I dunno, get Bumblefoot to do the vocals, or (in an act of supreme irony) poach one of the Axl soundalikes that people are advocating as replacements for Weiland in Velvet Revolver. I like this band a lot, and I'd hate to see it go under because the singer's dicking around.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
mickronson wrote:

only 10?

I wanted to be polite.  19

Board footer