You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm assuming that the Tab Book is outside the influence of GnR...Uni owns the publishing rights, and obviously they contracted them to Hal Leonard for the tab book

I don't think GNR is to blame for this, it just seems like these things happen to GNR time and time again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well in fairness to Hal Leonard, the guitar work on CD is very dense and sometimes its difficult to make out everything...i'm not sure how they tab the songs for a book like that but if they have to figure it out by ear i feel sorry for them hmm

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm more interested in the tab book than in the actual album. Strange, isn't it?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well in fairness to Hal Leonard, the guitar work on CD is very dense and sometimes its difficult to make out everything...i'm not sure how they tab the songs for a book like that but if they have to figure it out by ear i feel sorry for them hmm

Yeah my undertsanding is they have professional transcribers that work in little rooms listening to CDs and writing out what's on the record. Which is why the quality of tab books varies...sometimes it's spot on...but sometimes they don't bother with overdubs and other parts. And sometimes you can see from live videos that the tab verison is clearly wrong or not played in the same position as the real version. I'm told some bands get particular that it be correct and that they show the tab to them for approval, but in most instances it just happens outside of the band's attention.

Anyway - i hope it's a good quality tab, could be really interesting!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

posted by Ganzo over at HTGTH

New release date from amazon.com

Hello from Amazon.com.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 29 2009 (Order#
104-9166748-6823429):
Product Details
Paperback
Publisher: Hal Leonard Corporation (August 17, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 142346981X
ISBN-13: 978-1423469810

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

yeah...i got my email saying my estimated shipping date is Sep 9th. Sucks to be so far away sometimes! Can't wait to see this book.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
amazon.com wrote:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on June 27 2009 (Order# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).

Guns N' Roses "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy"
  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142346981X

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on September 17 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

I know this will be the fault of whomever they outsourced the publishing of the TAB to, rather than the band, but it makes me laugh everytime, it's almost like there's a delay curse on anything named "Chinese Democracy".

I hope it's a good quality transcription. It's not unsual for tab books to have wrong lyrics and bad guitar tab, so let's hope they've done a good job considering how complex some of the guitar parts are (eg..killswitch solos, fretless guitar tricks etc).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Does it even exist?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This book was always a pipe dream.

The delay isn't because the guitars are "too complex". The delay is because everything GNR related is a giant clusterfuck.

The Beatles will record a new album before you get to buy this.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

everything GNR related is a giant clusterfuck.

Board footer