You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NIN breaks up (calls it quits after Bonnaroo)

James wrote:

NIN is Trent solo. Been that way since Pretty Hate Machine. He has no reason to go solo. He already is solo.

NIN=$

Trent Reznor= less $

Do the math.

He'll come back in a year or two with a revamped solo project, called NIN.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dont think this means Robin will be back. When I saw NIN in Feb it had been announced that after this tour they were taking a break...trent even spoke about how emotional it was at the show...so it was public knowledge...yet in the mean time GNR recruited DJ....if they'd planned to try and get robin back...why replace him publicly only months before the end of NIN....especially when GNR didnt do anything itself in that time. I think he's staying gone this time.

But then again...i'm sure the band would like the people who play on the album to be around to tour. So who knows. Can't see them just firing DJ for no reason tho. Axl seems to keep people he gets on with even when they arn't needed technically now...like having Dizzy and Chris....Brain and Frank.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin returning to GN'R would be about as celebratory as hearing Tracii Guns was coming back.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Robin won't be back because they hired a new guitarist in his place. And probably a much better song writer too.

What would they do? Throw DJ out now that Robin might be free? Just tear up DJ's contract? Hahah, it doesn't work like that in the real world.

Robin fucked up. He left at the worst time possible. And not once did he bother to speak to us about it. Good riddance, don't let the door slap yo' ass on the way out.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

NIN is Trent solo. Been that way since Pretty Hate Machine. He has no reason to go solo. He already is solo.

NIN=$

Trent Reznor= less $

Do the math.

He'll come back in a year or two with a revamped solo project, called NIN.

I think he'll take a short break then he'll come back as a producer. I expect a NIN resurrection in a few years though.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well the way they ended up with three guitarists was just how it happened. Robin left, Bucket brought in to replace him, then Robin comes back and they want Robin back but also want to keep Bucket because well he's killer. So they decided to go down the three guitar route. Could we see a fourth? 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think you answered your own question.  They brought bucket back because he's killer.  Robin is killer, but it's not a positive in his case.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ LOL

Actually I think Axl S's analysis is sound though - Robin came back once before even though he'd been replaced by Buckethead a far better guitarist and more prolific songwriter. So the fact that he's currently been replaced by DJ who we suspect is a better guitarist and better songwriter does not, in and of itself, rule out Robin's return.

That said....it would be bizzare for GNR to announce DJ and then go back to Robin, and 4 guitarists would be pushing the limits even for GNR surely....

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

What Trent has explained is that NIN is done as a touring band, but he will continue to record music. He's just taking time off to enjoy life with his new wife.

Of course, when the inevitable bitter showbiz divorce happens a few years down the road, I'm sure he'll have endless inspiration for a killer comeback album.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ LOL

Actually I think Axl S's analysis is sound though - Robin came back once before even though he'd been replaced by Buckethead a far better guitarist and more prolific songwriter. So the fact that he's currently been replaced by DJ who we suspect is a better guitarist and better songwriter does not, in and of itself, rule out Robin's return.

That said....it would be bizzare for GNR to announce DJ and then go back to Robin, and 4 guitarists would be pushing the limits even for GNR surely....

Could give Richard the sack. Honestly though I don't see them doing that, nor do I see them sacking DJ. Then again this is GN'R who knows what they'll do.

Fact is after these Euro dates Robin is back on the market, and there's a band that's in desperate need of a real lineup to promote.

Board footer