You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: When All Is Said And Done...

Sky Dog wrote:

and another thing...he has already waited too long. So, in my opinion, time is irrelevant at this point.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm in the "he doesn't care" camp. I think he cares more about living out the rest of his life with some kind of happiness. I think that is generally how most people would look at things once they've reached middle age. I'm 23 and I hope to retire by 50 or 55 so I can play a lot of golf and simply relax from the daily grind of working.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Billy Mays just died. We may be on the verge of another trifecta.

The informercial guy?  Really?  The Sham Wow guy better be ready to step it up.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

What should Axl do next to add to his legacy and further heighten the relevance of Guns N Roses for the LONG TERM?

Reunite. It's the only shot at making GnR relevant again. But it ain't happening, GnR is going to be the CCR of this generation. and not reunite. And Axl's the John Fogerty, only he doesn't have 'Centerfield'.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Billy Mays just died. We may be on the verge of another trifecta.

The informercial guy?  Really?  The Sham Wow guy better be ready to step it up.

I just looked it up on Wikipedia. He was on a flight yesterday that had technical difficulties (tire blew out). No one was seriously injured, but some passengers were bumped on the head from falling luggage. Mays was one of those passengers. He said that some of the objects hit him on the head but he's got a hard head. His wife found him dead this morning and he apparently died in his sleep. You know what could have happened to him? The same thing that happened to Natasha Richardson (Liam Neeson's wife). She fell on a ski slope, thought she was OK, but apparently had a crack in her skull that caused a brain bleed and consequently the swelling in her brain made her brain dead. Same thing might have happened to Mays.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I think there's that Anthony Sullivan guy that does alot of work in pitching. I think I recently just saw an infomercial with him & Billy Mays.

As for Axl, I don't think he gives a crap. He's fine just living off royalties for the rest of his life. If he gave a crap about his fans, he would've never driven the old band into the ground to begin with.

I agree with others, that the reunion trigger needs to be pulled NOW.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I think that if Axl could figure out how to not get into stupid debt, and could find a comfortable livable wage from only his royalties....we'd never hear from the guy again.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I think at some point in the last 10 years--probably around 1999-2003 Axl was extremely interested in releasing music.  But when he hit the snags and the project was being ridiculed he lost confidence in the project and just thought to hell with this.

I think that if Axl could figure out how to not get into stupid debt, and could find a comfortable livable wage from only his royalties....we'd never hear from the guy again.

I'm pretty sure this was the reason why the 2006 tour happened as they needed cash to continue with the recording of CD as UMG had cut them off in 2004.  It was a pure cash grab in retrospect.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I think at some point in the last 10 years--probably around 1999-2003 Axl was extremely interested in releasing music.  But when he hit the snags and the project was being ridiculed he lost confidence in the project and just thought to hell with this.

I'm pretty sure this was the reason why the 2006 tour happened as they needed cash to continue with the recording of CD as UMG had cut them off in 2004.  It was a pure cash grab in retrospect.

In retrospect? I think some members here (James is one of the ones I remember) were saying that's exactly what it was while it was actually going on. 16

Sky Dog wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

What should Axl do next to add to his legacy and further heighten the relevance of Guns N Roses for the LONG TERM?

Reunite. It's the only shot at making GnR relevant again. But it ain't happening, GnR is going to be the CCR of this generation. and not reunite. And Axl's the John Fogerty, only he doesn't have 'Centerfield'.

being John Fogerty ain't so bad....and whoever thinks Axl needs money on a day to day basis is insane. He did need money to fund Chinese, but he can live VERY comfortably off his back catalog royalties, publishing et al...money, in the long term is not an issue. Motivation? now there is an issue...:|

Board footer