You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: When All Is Said And Done...

Gunslinger wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

What should Axl do next to add to his legacy and further heighten the relevance of Guns N Roses for the LONG TERM?

Reunite. It's the only shot at making GnR relevant again. But it ain't happening, GnR is going to be the CCR of this generation. and not reunite. And Axl's the John Fogerty, only he doesn't have 'Centerfield'.

Definitely reunite in my book as well.

Probably will be the CCR of this generation but I'd have to say "The Old Man Down The Road" was John's last high point.  I thought "Centerfield" (although a hit) was cheesier than Packer stadium during a home playoff game.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think a reunion would be Axl's interest. He doesn't wanna be relevant (well, maybe he wants to be relevant once in a month), he only wants enough money to stay away of the world, live in ultimate comfort and enough money to have a band around him as a hobby. Do you remember that Baz interview? He said he had mentioned Axl the VH1 Reality show idea that'd have payed 1 million dollars, but Axl told him he'd rather pay Vh1 2 millions just to leave him alone.

Sky Dog wrote:

that is a telling comment...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think a reunion would be Axl's interest. He doesn't wanna be relevant (well, maybe he wants to be relevant once in a month), he only wants enough money to stay away of the world, live in ultimate comfort and enough money to have a band around him as a hobby. Do you remember that Baz interview? He said he had mentioned Axl the VH1 Reality show idea that'd have payed 1 million dollars, but Axl told him he'd rather pay Vh1 2 millions just to leave him alone.

Yeah I think you're right on.  Axl seems satisfied with his station in life at this point.  He could be a much bigger star if he put forth the effort, I don't think there's any denying that.  I assume since he's not putting forth that effort, he's satisfied with the amount of success, relevancy, etc. he currently has.  We all selfishly want a reunion, or a mega tour, or 3 new albums, or for the vault to be opened, or for daily updates from Axl himself.  Whatever it may be, it's Axl's life, he can do whatever he chooses.  We don't have to like it, but it's up to him and there's really not much we can do about it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no disrespect to Billy Mays but please don't put him in a category with Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Status, no, but to their respective craft - yes.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I do vaguely wonder how long it'll be after Axl pops his clogs, before some record company exec hits on the idea of raiding his Chinese Democracy vault, stripping out the vocal tracks on the unreleased songs and getting Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler to lay down some new backing tracks to them.

After a suitably respectful period of mourning, natch. I give it a week.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Spot Fucking On

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The problem is Axl wants EVERYTHING on his terms.  There's nothing wrong with that if you can swing it (and it appears in some respects, he can).  He'll sit around as a hermit until he decides he wants to do something (tour?) and if he gets what he wants, he'll do it.  If not, he won't.  I suspect he hired DJ to tour and found that he wasn't getting what he wanted, so he said fuck it and went back to being a hermit.  There's actually something admirable about that - even if whatever his expectations were weren't realistic.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think you might be onto something buzz.  I just hope that everyone else involved in the band, especially DJ, is/was aware of that when they got involved and weren't brought in under false pretenses that certain things were definitely going to happen.  I think by now, everyone would take a cautious approach when it comes to this band, at least I'd hope.

Board footer