You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: When All Is Said And Done...

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The problem is Axl wants EVERYTHING on his terms.  There's nothing wrong with that if you can swing it (and it appears in some respects, he can).  He'll sit around as a hermit until he decides he wants to do something (tour?) and if he gets what he wants, he'll do it.  If not, he won't.  I suspect he hired DJ to tour and found that he wasn't getting what he wanted, so he said fuck it and went back to being a hermit.  There's actually something admirable about that - even if whatever his expectations were weren't realistic.

I, also, agree with Buzz

A tour was looking likely in his mind so he got ready just in case and later changed his mind or didn't get the offer/arangement he was hoping for.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think he may have put feelers out there, promotors came back and said you don't even have a full band, and DJ was hired.  He put out feelers again and didn't like what he heard either financially or in the scope of the tour, so *poof* the tour isn't brought up any more.

Sky Dog wrote:

full band?? 2 guitar players, 2 keyboard players, 2 drummers, bass, and one lunatic singer seems "full" enough for me! 16:haha::haha:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

full band?? 2 guitar players, 2 keyboard players, 2 drummers, bass, and one lunatic singer seems "full" enough for me! 16:haha::haha:

In most cases, you'd be correct.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

if axl gave a sheet about 'legacy' and how people would see gnr or him as a legendary amazing artist he would do things very differently. totally differently. and then he would make 10 times more money then now and he would be adored by all critics and media who would make a legend out of him.

luckily hes not a prostitute like that...yeah listen to that song again and u has ur answer to this topic :3

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

if axl gave a sheet about 'legacy' and how people would see gnr or him as a legendary amazing artist he would do things very differently. totally differently. and then he would make 10 times more money then now and he would be adored by all critics and media who would make a legend out of him.

luckily hes not a prostitute like that...yeah listen to that song again and u has ur answer to this topic :3

Are you being pro Axl's reclsive nature?

Doing a interview and regular promo isn't selling out, it's doing promo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think he may have put feelers out there, promotors came back and said you don't even have a full band, and DJ was hired.  He put out feelers again and didn't like what he heard either financially or in the scope of the tour, so *poof* the tour isn't brought up any more.

And see i've thought for awhile, a different variation of that same theory.

The difference is, I think the new band is being blacklisted. I think the record execs realize they don't need Axl anymore, and neither do promoters, and they are sitting back saying "reunite or fuck off".

So... Axl fucked off.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I brought up that Motley Crue story a few times. That is exactly happening here, I would almost guarantee it.

In this economy, no promoter is going to touch somebody as unreliable as Axl. They put up with his shit when they were the biggest band and selling out everywhere. No promoter wants that headache for a half empty arena.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly.

Or a 'Gold' album, either.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And see i've thought for awhile, a different variation of that same theory.

The difference is, I think the new band is being blacklisted. I think the record execs realize they don't need Axl anymore, and neither do promoters, and they are sitting back saying "reunite or fuck off".

So... Axl fucked off.

To me, that's part of what he didn't like.  There is no demand for this band.  We know it, the promoters know it, and now Axl knows it.  It's VR all over again.  The curiosity is gone, so is the only thing keeping people interested.  No second album, CD re-release, or tour is going to change that.  The world wanted to see what Axl could do, saw it, and said no thanks.  The only hope for Axl is a reunion - he can't even really do a solo album to gain interest because he just released one.  Since he isn't interested in a reunion, it's over on any major scale until he is or he dies.

Board footer