You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: When All Is Said And Done...

James wrote:

Please address your previous load of tripe before creating a new batch. The least you can do is address why you despise Slash's media whoring yet love Axl's. What are the differences between Guitar Hero and Rock Band, Eddie Trunk and Ellen Degeneres, The Incredible Hulk and Body of Lies, a Slash appearance on American Idol and an Axl appearance as an awards presenter at the VMA's?

Or are these things too "trollish" in nature even though YOU are the one who brought it up?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I reckon the endgame's in sight now - I think Velvet Revolver are almost certainly going to announce Franky Perez as their new frontman after the promo for Loaded and Slash's solo album is over and done with. In him, they've got a vocalist who can match Axl on the high notes (Scott's biggest weakness was that he just didn't have Axl's range). Hell, without Scott around, they might even get Izzy back in a songwriting capacity; IIRC it was Weiland who nixed most of the Izzy-written tracks on Contraband.

If Velvet Revolver has a frontman who can match Axl's vocal range, the reunion is, bluntly, never going to happen; they can concentrate on making their band into a brand that's as big as GN'R, rather than having to live with a vocalist who's less able than Axl, and deal with people wishing they had the Ginger Recluse back.

If Axl's not going to do anything, I wish this would happen.

I think it's probably in their best interest at this point, to just have Slash, Duff & Steven/Matt, and maybe Izzy, find a lead singer, similar, and do their own Guns N' Roses.

I think it's in our best interests, too; if VR are going around doing the classic-rock-old-school-GN'R thing with a vocalist who actually has Axl's range, it frees Axl up to do his own thing as well. People will get their Old GN'R fix from Velvet Revolver, and they'll stop banging on about a reunion. I'm actually kind of excited to hear what Axl will do with New New GN'R - an album recorded from the ground up with a stable lineup of Bumblefoot, DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, Pitman, Tommy and Brain.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm curious to see how long Axl can keep a "stable" lineup.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Guns n roses has never had a stable lineup in its career. IT has had 2 stable cores but the line up as a whole has always been shaky. The original stable core was Axl slash and Duff with Izzy having a will he wont he input much like robin in the new lineup.
New lineups stable core is Axl Dizzy Tommy Rich

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Wrong. It's Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris. If you're talking 02 onwards you can throw in Fortus.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

its always hilarious to see how people who have nothing to do with the music industry think they know it all....know much much more than the ones who have been heavily active in it for years and seen it all. cute :3

my post is all based on factual experience, yours were all clouded by your years of posting on internet forums about stuff you havent been in contact with and never will be but because others on those forums who are just like you, clueless about the biz, agreed with you, you think you know it :B

and it is also fact there is no point in arguing with those kind of people, because they are so obsessed about how everything is according to them on internet forums, every corny troll trick to respond will be pulled out of the hat (see james lotton ramblings filled with forum 'orly' rhetoric)...while it is all rubbish in the real world where people actually work in :B

must be nice, living in a dream, thinking these things gnr, or any other band achieved are real and the media pimps had nothing to do with it, hehe.

without the media pimps, hendrix would have been just a visitor at woodstock, nowhere near the stage. he sucked metaphorical dick too to get there. and because axl refuses to do it now, he was dropped. the music is way down the list of things to do before you can have a hit.

ive worked on albums with amazing music and amazing musicians on it, which beat every led zep, gnr, queen album. they will never be heard and u guys will think the ones being shoved down your throat by the industry only is the best :3

Stop playing the bullshit insider card and learn how to type.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Please address your previous load of tripe before creating a new batch. The least you can do is address why you despise Slash's media whoring yet love Axl's. What are the differences between Guitar Hero and Rock Band, Eddie Trunk and Ellen Degeneres, The Incredible Hulk and Body of Lies, a Slash appearance on American Idol and an Axl appearance as an awards presenter at the VMA's?

Actually there is one difference. Axl did all of these things half-assed 16

Slash actually promoted Guitar Hero. People actually knew about his appearance on Ellen. VR actually promoted The Incredible Hulk and did a video.

Axl just let his managers organise all these things but never put in any effort himself.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Guns n roses has never had a stable lineup in its career. IT has had 2 stable cores but the line up as a whole has always been shaky. The original stable core was Axl slash and Duff with Izzy having a will he wont he input much like robin in the new lineup.

And there lies the problem in my opinion.  I'm so glad you brought this up.

Old Core:
Axl - great frontman, song structure, and occasional great lyrics (almost always good)
Slash - wrote great solos, great interation with Izzy on the guitars
Duff - melodic bass player, wrote bass lines that compliments the guitars
Izzy - great riff writer, very good rhythm player

New Core:
Axl - still a very good frontman, great song structure, occasional great lyrics (almost always good)
Dizzy - ummm...great at playing what Axl writes?
Tommy - solid bass player, not much songwriting
Rich - ummmm...great session player for anybody that needs a warm body?  Not a songwriter
Robin - bad guitar player, one writing credit to his entire career

This is (and has been) why I feel that CD is such a weak album - it's the songwriting.  Axl's role hasn't changed other than taking on more responsibility.  CD overall lacks melodic solos (other than a couple from BH), melodic bass parts, and great guitar riffs - all the things the first core was known for.  Those are the things that set GnR apart from the hair bands of the 80s.  That is what people (the general public) expects to hear on a GnR album.  Then they get SR via RB and CD (the single) dumped on them to push the album, neither of which which sounds anything like the old band, and it's over before it even began. 

Weak songwriting plus even weaker choices for songs to promote the album doomed this long before Axl decided to do no PR work for it.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Great points Buzz...karma.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

not only that, but Slash and Duff were always there for an interview and promo...Axl always has donething how and when he wants....with the new band everyone is afraid to step on Axl's toes cuz GnR is Axl's thing and its not their place to break the news....hence we often see stalemates in the media which crippled the overall reception of the album...i dont care what you guys say....Everyone knew about AFD, UYI's, Lies and TSI....that wasnt the case with CD....yeah it was a mythical release, but to back up the mythical you need to provide some band hype when it counts...yeah it was coming it was coming but when it came they werent there

Board footer