You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Steven Adler Cancels Tour (Updated)

Gunslinger wrote:

He supposed to have told his manager "I don't give a fuck, I've loads of money."  I don't know that this has been confirmed but if this is indeed a true quote he is being a total dick.  The drugs have him bad, I hope he can find a way to get this HUGE monkey off his back.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

This guy needs to stop even thinking about doing tours until he can get off drugs and get psychiatric help. He obviously isn't making much money from these tours he does, so just go to rehab, then relax at home and stay clean until the call from Axl takes place(if it ever does).

IF a reunion happens someday, he needs to be in the right frame of mind and have some stability before he is even considered. A reunion could happen tomorrow or in 10 years, and this guy fucking around is going to kill his chances to ever be involved.

I couldn't agree more. As much as I dislike Matt anymore, I'd rather have him around then Adler just based on the fact that he's more reliable.

i say neither and keep Frank.. or Brain come back full time.

As much as I like Brain, he would NEVER do it. The guy just has too much class to involve himself in that and put himself in that position. I don't really care for Frank, but he aint getting the spot either. No way in hell are Slash and Duff gonna let a current member cash a GNR paycheck like that.  IF(and thats a big if) a reunion happens, and Axl and the rest of the band agree Adler is a "no go", and Axl has no interest in Sorum(interesting that in the last reunion comments regarding Slash and Duff, Sorum wasn't mentioned), I believe a brand new drummer will be brought in that all can agree on.

In a reunion scenario, as much as people would like to see all originals together, as long as Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff are on stage, Big Bird could be the drummer and it wont make much of a difference. I'm not trying to belittle Adler or Sorum, but facts are facts.

This is why Steven literally needs psychiatric help. The old lineup does not need him for a reunion, and its the one thing he has been banking on for the past 17 years.

He needs to figure out why he has been doing this to himself since getting fired from the band. He has been on the path to suicide since 1990. He has to let the demons go, move on, get some sort of stability in his life, and go from there.

Curro, there has been no official confirmation, but this tour has more than likely been scrapped. Hopefully we can get more information regarding this situation.

James

James wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

He supposed to have told his manager "I don't give a fuck, I've loads of money."

If thats how he really feels, the last place he needs to be is on a stage.

I dont believe that he has loads of money anyways, but if he does, he better start saving it instead of wasting it all on dope. Steven might not know this, but the days of album sales are dead and his bank account only consists of album sales(and not a large percentage either) from AFD, Lies, and some chump change from UYI. Oh yeah, throw in GH and Live Era.

Jameslofton wrote:

I don't really care for Frank, but he aint getting the spot either. No way in hell are Slash and Duff gonna let a current member cash a GNR paycheck like that.

Well, Izzy seems like he gets on good with some of the guys in the band, going by some of the pictures and video I've seen and comments guys like Richard have made.   If he doesn't have a problem with these guys then I dont see why S&D wuld?

Jameslofton wrote:

IF(and thats a big if) a reunion happens ...

yea I don't see it happening either

Gunslinger wrote:

He supposed to have told his manager "I don't give a fuck, I've loads of money."  I don't know that this has been confirmed but if this is indeed a true quote he is being a total dick.  The drugs have him bad, I hope he can find a way to get this HUGE monkey off his back.

Some things never change.   I'm sure he has enough money but I'm quite sure he also has some expensive vices.   but then again i dont know how much money he would have been making playing with a GnR cover band in front of 100 guys in a club in Norway.

I can't believe the dude actually got on stage and played entire shows with dudes dressed up like Axl and Slash. sad

James

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I don't really care for Frank, but he aint getting the spot either. No way in hell are Slash and Duff gonna let a current member cash a GNR paycheck like that.

Well, Izzy seems like he gets on good with some of the guys in the band, going by some of the pictures and video I've seen and comments guys like Richard have made.   If he doesn't have a problem with these guys then I dont see why S&D wuld?

Oh, I'm not saying they hate anyone in the current band. They don't really have a reason to. The only thing even approaching disrespect from anyone in the CD era is when Fortus made some comment about not caring much about the old band or VR(then why are you playing their songs), and of course BBF not even knowing of some classic GNR tunes(his hilarious "Double what?" response last year to a question on whether they might play DTJ). I think the 98-07 era has done a good job at staying out of the Axl vs old members feud that brews up from time to time.

The main reason the old members would be reluctant to bring Frank, Brain, or the next drummer(knock on wood) on board a reunion tour is because they were not a part of that era. The only compromise without Adler or Sorum would be someone brand new, or maybe even a drummer from that era.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Its been confirmed by Chip Z Nuff, Adler's bass player:

'We sincerely apologize to all our friends and fans for the cancellation of this tour. Of course, Steven loves to play and meet his fans. Unfortunately, he has some personal issues that prevented him from participating. He was optimistic about doing the shows, but when it came down to it, he just couldn't. Steven's like a brother to us, and we just want to see him healthy. We're looking forward to making up these shows next year. Please forgive us, and thank you for your patience and understanding. Peace.'

- Chip Z'Nuff, 11/24/2007

James

James wrote:

This email was sent to Sludge. I believe it.

Aright Sludge!

Just a quick note to let you know that Steven Addler has just fucked up another European Tour. Yesterday he refused to get onto the plane in Las Vegas, he was stoned and didn't want to leave his mother - she lives there.

He's supposed to play tonight, (23-11-07) somewhere in England, then over the water to us in Ireland on saturday night to a small alternative bar in Warrenpoint, County Down called 'The Square Peg'.

He's said to have told his manager, 'I don't give a fuck, I've loads of money'!

Chipz enuff's financial position my not be as strong, can't see him hanging around for the postponed tour!

Anyways, regards from the Emerald Isle!

L. Burns

James

James wrote:

He needs to put down the crack pipe ASAP. He must be really bad off if he cant even make a statement himself or have his own agent/representative do it.

Board footer