You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Steven Adler Cancels Tour (Updated)

Gunslinger wrote:

What a train wreck.  A total lack of disrespect for himself, former bandmates and the fans.  Sad to see this shit happen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

His problems go way beyond a crack pipe. He seems to suffer from a variation of peter pan syndrome, except instead of childhood, he is stuck in his early 20's. Not 1987, but 1990 when it all went wrong. Instead of trying to figure out why it went wrong and picking up the pieces of his life, he continues down the path that ruined his life in the first place. Very sad.

Even sadder is his dream to reclaim the throne in the form of a reunion, yet he consistently sabotages his chances at what he claims to desire so much. He clearly suffers from self loathing and major self esteem issues, and even if a reunion happened, he would sabotage it, probably intentionally(although subconsciously).

Steven, its not going to happen. I'm not talking about a reunion, I'm talking about your involvement in one. That ship has sailed through a path of your broken crack pipes and failure to even attempt to put the pieces of your life together. A GNR reunion is worth in the neighborhood of 300-500 million dollars. That will not be put at risk under any circumstances regardless of how much you THINK you want it.

You were in the greatest band in the world, and played a big part of that. For that, the fanbase is grateful. Now its time for you to take responsibility for your own actions and set a course for your life that has nothing to do with the late 80's.

I have nothing against Steven, but I think its time for him and even his most loyal supporters to realize that no more Adler chapters will be written in the GNR storybook.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

HA! Yeah, I wasn't a fan either. I was a bit surprised that Chip was even still around. I had no idea he was with Adler.

Jameslofton wrote:

'I don't give a fuck, I've loads of money'!

jesus.  jus when i thought i couldn't lose any more respect for the guy.

russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its been confirmed by Chip Z Nuff, Adler's bass player:

'We sincerely apologize to all our friends and fans for the cancellation of this tour. Of course, Steven loves to play and meet his fans. Unfortunately, he has some personal issues that prevented him from participating. He was optimistic about doing the shows, but when it came down to it, he just couldn't. Steven's like a brother to us, and we just want to see him healthy. We're looking forward to making up these shows next year. Please forgive us, and thank you for your patience and understanding. Peace.'

- Chip Z'Nuff, 11/24/2007

While we're on the subject, I'd like to mention my complete and total dislike for ANYTHING to do with Enuff Z 'Nuff.

HAHA this is hysterical.   Me either and I think the majority will totally agree with this statement.

As for Adler falling off the wagon well, he really needs to go to the same rehab that Duff went to and follow his regiment, he needs the hardcore detoxing and rehabilitation.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Once a fuckup, always a fuckup. Success was probably the worst thing to happen to Steven.

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
russtcb wrote:

While we're on the subject, I'd like to mention my complete and total dislike for ANYTHING to do with Enuff Z 'Nuff.

HAHA this is hysterical.   Me either and I think the majority will totally agree with this statement.

As for Adler falling off the wagon well, he really needs to go to the same rehab that Duff went to and follow his regiment, he needs the hardcore detoxing and rehabilitation.

I wonder if in some strange way he's trying to go for a sort of "Syd Barrett Status" in the GNR legacy.

I looked up Syd Barrett because I didn't know who he was and holy moly never knew he started Pink Floyd and the shaving of the head and eyebrows in Pink Floyd The Wall was directly from something he did.   After reading Syd's story I can see what you mean.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer