You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Axlin16 wrote:

...oh my fucking GOD.

Now GN'R has a statute of limitations to weasel Axl's ass out of his bullshit?

You fans will make up anything, to bail him out. Axl does no wrong ever. He's never misled you, lied to you, or treated you badly. 14

Battered wife syndrome, once again. There's always an excuse. I'm half-waiting for you guys to go out to shows in small tank tops, and sweatpants.

Sky Dog wrote:

Are you fucking serious? 17 I was showing how erratic Axl is and discrediting him....BEING NEGATIVE. Please...read all the recent posts and think first.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think your safest bet is to go with the 2006 32 songs comment and the recent "he always thought of Chinese as a double album". You can only go on what he says in the current timeframe. The 70 songs in 1999 is way over the statute of limatations....ancient history.

I pretty much agree with this. He doesn't deserve any slack for the trilogy comments as he made them himself and was pretty detailed with what he wanted to do in that regard, but it is believable that it was narrowed down to the infamous "32 songs". It's probably been narrowed down to even less.

The trilogy was always and will forever be a pipe dream. He isn't prolific enough to ever put such a vision into reality.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually you mentioned the lie within your own post.

The fact that the albums were supposed to be released on varying plans, as far back as 2002, if not 1999, and there were no albums followed by touring, including CD...

He backtracked. It didn't happen. And no, 2001-02 & 2006-07 were not the "CD World Tour". They were cash grabs.

Whatever, I don't ever remember him saying all 3 albums would be released at one time or that CD 1 would be released in 2002, CD 2 a year later, etc.  He was always vague with when things would get released.  Granted I didn't think it would take 10 years, and I don't think he expected that either. 

An album was released, a tour didn't follow immediately obviously but one seems to be in the works.  We had to wait 10 years for an album, if we only have to wait ONE year for a tour I'd say things are looking up.  14

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually you mentioned the lie within your own post.

The fact that the albums were supposed to be released on varying plans, as far back as 2002, if not 1999, and there were no albums followed by touring, including CD...

He backtracked. It didn't happen. And no, 2001-02 & 2006-07 were not the "CD World Tour". They were cash grabs.

ummm, Axl talked of a double album in 1996 Burning Hills fax when he announced Slash spitting. Axl has been all over the board as far as new music goes for over a decade.

Axl always did this. When Slash left then they were working on a double album. When nothing got released till 1999-2000, he told his 70 song bluff. Later in 2001-2002 when they still didn't have the album out, he said the tour-album-tour-album-tour-album lie, that should have happened in the following 2 or 3 years. When Finck left in 2000, then it was good, cause gave them 'the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further'. Then he said the same when BH left. Typical Axl.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
faldor wrote:

And when he mentioned a trilogy, when did he ever say they'd be released simulataneously?  Excuse me if I missed that, but I don't ever recall hearing or reading that.  In that radio interview he mentioned the 3 albums that would be released one by one followed by touring.

When he himself described "The Plan" -

On 08/26/02, during the last European show in Docklands Arena, London, the album issue was brought up again.

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

A total number of around 60-70 songs was said to have been in the works at the time, with 41 of them A-listed. Axl's numbers implied that after CD would be out along with the extra tracks, there'd be around 13 tracks left on the A-list, with another 20-30 on the B-list. Another album (without another EP) with the same amount of material would've left 15-25 songs in reserve, which would've been sufficient for three separate albums.

Obviously, somethings didn't work so well boys and girls.
No bonus tracks/B-sides, only 14 song album, and they actually DID put out the live show material as a single (Chinese).

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, au contraire, mon frere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Are you fucking serious? 17 I was showing how erratic Axl is and discrediting him....BEING NEGATIVE. Please...read all the recent posts and think first.

It's not my fault you posted right after.

We posted at the same time.

Chill

Sky Dog wrote:

chilled....little drunk last night. 19

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

On 08/26/02, during the last European show in Docklands Arena, London, the album issue was brought up again.

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

A total number of around 60-70 songs was said to have been in the works at the time, with 41 of them A-listed. Axl's numbers implied that after CD would be out along with the extra tracks, there'd be around 13 tracks left on the A-list, with another 20-30 on the B-list. Another album (without another EP) with the same amount of material would've left 15-25 songs in reserve, which would've been sufficient for three separate albums.

Obviously, somethings didn't work so well boys and girls.
No bonus tracks/B-sides, only 14 song album, and they actually DID put out the live show material as a single (Chinese).

Reading that again makes me wish this had been a Wal Mart exclusive. I can imagine how the negotiations went though....

Wal Mart executive: So Axl, you want Chinese Democracy to be an exclusive here? Well Au contraire, mon frére. Looking through your records, I see you promised your fans the world. Well, go back home, and pull the world out of your vaults because we're gonna wrap the whole shit and shaboodle up in cellophane and sell it for 12 bucks.

Axl: B...B...B....B....But.......IRVING?!  This meeting is over! CALL BEST BUY!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW!!

Board footer