You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

Not to be an ass to quote buzzsaw but why would he have bothered?

Because it's the decent thing to do.

Yeah, I was disapointed he never acknowledged his leaving. It was  bizarre how he disabled his normal website when he went walkabout and wouldnt answer GNR question from people who met him at shows.

Getting a copy of Chinese Democracy signed by all the members who played on it must be the fan-challenge of a lifetime 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thanks for posting that JIP. Like axlin08 said, love or hate Finck, no one should blame him for reaching the point where he simply cant tolerate the situation anymore. It had reached the point of absurdity the first time he left, and he had only been in the band two years at that point.

Its why I have no ill feelings towards Bucket for leaving even though he was the best thing to happen  in the post Slash era. It would be a travesty to simply waste all your talent while sitting idle. While Bucket did release some amazing solo material while in GNR, he wasn't super active at that point and hit a prolific phase after bailing out.

One of these days Axl is gonna look back on the rotating line ups and see all that amazing potential squandered.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

One day, Axl will look back and blame this set of guys for something that he did, too. smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Skippy's right. It's never Axl's fault. Just ask him.

Someday, he'll be posting on his own, because Billboard won't accept his snail mail anymore, and he'll be droning on about how "Robin is a cancer", and "Bucket is a bad cop", and it'll be the record company's fault, or Steph's fault.

Whatever. I'll be long gone at that point, and Axl Rose will just be that guy I thought was so cool when I was a kid.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Skippy's right. It's never Axl's fault. Just ask him.

Someday, he'll be posting on his own, because Billboard won't accept his snail mail anymore, and he'll be droning on about how "Robin is a cancer", and "Bucket is a bad cop", and it'll be the record company's fault, or Steph's fault.

Whatever. I'll be long gone at that point, and Axl Rose will just be that guy I thought was so cool when I was a kid.

Ah you'll still be there.  Nu GNR is like a horrible accident.  You're digusted yet you can't look away.  Axl lost his coolness for me in Montreal in 92.  Still think he's talented but sadly he wasted it all.  GNR could've been the next big thing but instead well we all know the rest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If i'm still here, remind me to blow my fuckin' brains out.

Thx

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If i'm still here, remind me to blow my fuckin' brains out.

Thx

*lol*  Well we haven't left yet didn't we?  Seriously since the mess that's called Chinese Democracy was released Axl has become irrelevant to me.  Come here out of pure habit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As if we'd stop caring now. The sensible time to bail was like maybe 1997 - anyone still here at this point is in for life!

As a fan you want the most possible from the subject of your fandom - so on that level sure I hate the delays, wish tours were more often and albums droped every few months.

But no matter how much those things suck for us, I'm always going to be pumped when Axl gives us something new.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

As if we'd stop caring now. The sensible time to bail was like maybe 1997 - anyone still here at this point is in for life!

As a fan you want the most possible from the subject of your fandom - so on that level sure I hate the delays, wish tours were more often and albums droped every few months.

But no matter how much those things suck for us, I'm always going to be pumped when Axl gives us something new.

Was pumped before CD.  Cd to me was a huge let down.  And no I don't care anymore.  Got what I wanted and that's CD.  I always expected nothing would happen after CD's release if it would get released.  And so far Axl is proving me right.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Was pumped before CD.  Cd to me was a huge let down.  And no I don't care anymore.  Got what I wanted and that's CD.  I always expected nothing would happen after CD's release if it would get released.  And so far Axl is proving me right.

To be honest, the biggest letdown of CD was the fact that Axl's vocal tracks were the same from 1999. With the exception of a little more work on TWAT and Chi Dem, they all appear to be just protooled Beavan era vocals.

What's ironic/expected/surprising/unsurprising about that is the number of rerecordings, fills, overdubs, etc that Axl reportedly demanded.

Kinda like that one video from RAR (don't even know if its still on youtube) of Axl stopping madagascar, and demanding in a diva-like fashion that they restart it and do it right.

If only he had demanded the same level of perfection and effort out of his VMA and RIR singing voice, I think this 02 comeback could've been 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

MTV was still stoked for Axl's return until the cringe worthy embarassment of the VMA performance.

Board footer