You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Some asshat trying to trash MSL

Axlin16 wrote:

MSL, in a sense, is the Axl of the internet.

He does nothing, people bitch at him. He gets out there and tries to get something for them, people bitch at him.

So feel honored.

lol, getting bitched at no matter what you do is part of being well known. it can be incredibly frustrating, but it's certainly not a unique situation.

being a performer is the only job i've ever had. if you're going to put yourself out there and act like you're so special that people should pay money to see you, you have to accept that people are allowed to say whatever they want about you, true or not.

i guess what makes the GNR stuff different for me though is that i consider myself a fan trying to help other fans. so when i'm criticized by a GNR fan, it feels very different than being criticzed by an MSL fan, which is something i've gotten used to over the last ten years of playing music/wrestling/performing poetry/juggling or whatever other non-sense i was up to.

when someone buys a ticket or pays a cover charge to see me, i become very emotionally detached and accept some people will hate my art and that's ok.

when people bitch about me in GNR land, it feels more like hanging out at the mall with my buddies and then suddenly everyone decides i suck.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well, like I say, you did your best - thanks! And it seems like just this one intervention from you has started to stir things up again - so maybe one of the Bastard Hoarders will cave and share his material in the next few weeks...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I've been fucking with the file and with the vocals and everything off, u can really see how average the guitar playing is on this song. Finck has to be the worst guitar player ever for a major band.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

MSL, in a sense, is the Axl of the internet.

He does nothing, people bitch at him. He gets out there and tries to get something for them, people bitch at him.

So feel honored.

U must be shitting me

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

I've been fucking with the file and with the vocals and everything off, u can really see how average the guitar playing is on this song. Finck has to be the worst guitar player ever for a major band.

You didn't have to strip the song down to figure that out...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

On what song? Prostitute?

Give me some of what you're smoking...

If anything the guitar playing in that song is the complete opposite.

When listening to the song in its complete state you can't hear shit, but when everything but the guitars turned down, it's a different story.

That's the funny thing about a lot of tracks on Chinese Democracy. Pull them apart and paste them together as you wish yourself and it'll sound awesome but the final product may sometimes be a complete mess.

And as you can tell the guitar playing stands out to me. I'm sure that even Catcher In The Rye has its hidden gems if you throw away Bumblefoot's contributions.

No offense to Ron, but his playing is a bit too sloppy on that song for my taste even though I like the solos.

Shackler's Revenge on the other hand is brilliant.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As we all know, I completely disagree. The way his emotion comes through in his playing is awesome for me.

I think he needs to improve his emotion then...  big_smile

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As we all know, I completely disagree. The way his emotion comes through in his playing is awesome for me.

Definitely not a majority opinion, but even though I absolutely hate This I Love, I think his solo is above-average.

Also, his solo in twat, although not as brilliant as bucket's, is fantastic.

Board footer