You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: Seeing Nazareth Tonight!

Brett wrote:

Figured I'd post my excitement here since I don't think any other forum would give a shit. I've never really been to a concert before (other than Weird Al last year... who isn't nearly as cool as he was when I was 10), so the boys in Naz will bust my cherry wide open tonight! I'm pretty excited I'll get to see a band that is to me legendary in the flesh instead of just on the stereo!

It might not be Aerosmith or AC/DC, but I'm damn pumped. I've been listening to them since I found a Greatest Hits cassette of my mom's when I was a kid! Judging from Youtube, they still rock pretty hard, too!

Then Sunday, I see MC Hammer, haha.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Probably the most underrated band of the 70s. Should have been bigger. Hair of the Dog and Expect No Mercy are killer albums. Rose in the Heather one of my all time favorite instrumentals.

Would definitely pass on MC Hammer.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool. Enjoy the show. I'll have to check out more of them but I agree, they'd probably be one of those bands that got lost in the shuffle of other bands in their time.

Brett

Brett wrote:

Yeah, it sort of takes me aback that Nazareth has to play for such small crowds given how influential they were. If you like AC/DC, Aerosmith and even Gunners, Nazareth is a shoe-in to be a band you'll love. But, this does little to sway people to check them out. Everyone knows Love Hurts and Hair of the Dog, but to be honest, it's kinda weird how many people think AC/DC did Hair of the Dog.

Their songs are all good-great, they aren't the best at what they do, but they're consistent so much that all their music is listenable at worst. The new album, Newz seems pretty good, but I've been too busy to get around to it.

And, for the record, the Hammer thing is mostly a novelty... I only know the one song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axl should have covered these(any line up)....

Brett

Brett wrote:

And, who could forget this performance?

Axl is so fired up there, that would have been something else to see.

I'd like have heard Axl do Love Hurts (just because it's his type of song) and maybe Bad Bad Boy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah EVERY time i hear "love hurts" i think of Axl. I think partly cos Axl does some vocal stuff similar to Nazareth...but EVERY time I imagine how it would have been with Axl's voice....totally killer.

As for that peformance above...shows to me why TSI is kinda cool even though people bag it. The energy axl has going there is fucking amazing. Great stuff.

Anyways...i hope you have a blast tonight...and tell us what it was like!

Brett

Brett wrote:

The concert was awesome, the vocals were so spot on it was almost scary. The boys were on fire and everyone was loving it, but for whatever reason, they cut their usual four song encore down to two, which meant they never played Razamanaz, which is my favorite. I was sort of bummed. It kicked so much ass it's hard to complain, though.

On another note, Canadian rock band The Headpins were scheduled to open for them, but weren't there due to an emergency. Not sure what the deal was, but shitty Harlequin played instead. I heard one of the band members had a heart attack, but it could be talk from someone's ass as easily as it could be fact.

Board footer