You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Best album of the 80s- Nominations

James wrote:

I'm not sure anything is a lock for the final round. Obviously AFD will probably make it as its GNR's best album, but we've had one unpredictable elimination and a more predictable one. Could go either way.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The nominations are endless. Such a FANTASTIC decade for music.

We all know what it's gonna come down to.

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction vs. Michael Jackson - Thriller, with AFD winning.

I hope not.. So much better music than MJ. And yes Thriller was huge blah blah but so much better music.

Nice Bigbri addin the Danzig

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

That just reminded me. Add these as noms

Misfits- Walk Among Us
Misfits- Earth A.D./Wolfs Blood

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The nominations are endless. Such a FANTASTIC decade for music.

We all know what it's gonna come down to.

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction vs. Michael Jackson - Thriller, with AFD winning.

I hope not.. So much better music than MJ. And yes Thriller was huge blah blah but so much better music.

Nice Bigbri addin the Danzig

Hell, for Mother alone, but the whole disc rocks. Twist of Cane, She Rides ... probably my favorite Danzig, but I really like IV too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not sure anything is a lock for the final round. Obviously AFD will probably make it as its GNR's best album, but we've had one unpredictable elimination and a more predictable one. Could go either way.

James, do you seriously believe that? 14

Chinese Democracy made the final round in 2000's.
UYI I & II were the face off in the final round in 90's.

But AFD... obviously the most widely accepted and successful of all, DOESN'T make the final round for 80's? That would be a hilarious afterstatement to the whole thing. 16

If someone put a gun to my head, and said chose an album to take with you... how can I not go with AFD? I'd be crazy not to.

Part of me would rather take Queen's "A Kind of Magic" or Lion's "Dangerous Attraction" tho.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"If you had to go to a desert island and could only take these" point of view..

that should definitely be the next thing we do... "your 5 desert island records"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would much rather prefer...

"your 5 desert island women" 16

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I would much rather prefer...

"your 5 desert island women" 16

5 *karma*

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

once again i vote for not adding gnr to the list....lets add a couple other albums instead of lies and afd...if its a must must we can do a bonus round to have the winner go up against afd or something just my 2 cents 19

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I agree, AFD is my favorite record of the 80s, and possibly ever. But I think we should not have GNR in the tourney. Its too predictable on a GNR board. Again, I think AFD is the best, but I'd like to go another route this time.

Board footer