You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Best album of the 80s- Nominations

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Chinese Democracy made the final round in 2000's.

That was absurd.

I think Neemo has a good point, pick the best album, then the finale goes up against AFD.  I vote "LIES" does not make it.  It's a good album, but it really only has 4 songs, and it will do way to much damage for what it is. It'll knock out really good albums like Pyromania & Permanat Vacation.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm gonna have to agree with the 'no gnr' sentiment for this decade. AFD would be a lock. Many other surprises, but it wouldn't change that.

Lies would have no chance regardless, but we'll do it with no GNR, and when its over, a "bonus round" will take place to see how the mop flops.

In hindsight, I wish we would have done that with the 90s elimination.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In the past I haven't agreed with excluding GN'R, but this time, I also agree. No GN'R. After the 2000's & 90's and 'best song' or whatever that one was, it's just too predictable.

And that's not to say those albums are bad. I think we can all safely say there are a shitload of fans out there that firmly think, 80s = AFD / 90s = UYI I or II / 2000s = CD, and that's fine.

But let's just keep GN'R out from now on, and assume everyone's favorite is either AFD, UYI or CD.

Board footer