You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Currently watching Dallas/Philly

And a shout out to Tampa Bay for getting their first win on the season. They thought they'd won the Super Bowl. 16

Those vintage Bucs uni's were fuckin' pimp. 9

Looks like the Bucs have found their good luck charm. Pretty ironic too considering the Dreamsickle uniforms were pretty much a symbol of how terrible their franchise was back in the 70's and 80's. 16

Yeah, when I heard they were going throwback this week, my first thought was "this is the perfect season to bring those back". 16

Little did I know they'd get a win out of it.

Wonder if the Bucs will consider it a good luck charm, and continue to wear them next week, hoping to start a streak.

It can't hurt for them to try. They were 0-7 before this week, so that's pretty much rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up. If a little superstition helps, might as well try it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Oh well, I've learned to never get my hopes up too high on the Eagles.

The TB jerseys were pretty cool (almost). Hard to believe, I never thought I'd say that, the Pats throwback uni's are cool too. Funny to think they were once both looked at as terrible.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

NO and Indy are both still undefeated...NE has both of them on their upcoming sched, should be interesting

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

NO and Indy are both still undefeated...NE has both of them on their upcoming sched, should be interesting

Yep, @Indy this week.  Indy is living on the edge the past couple weeks.  They're primed for a loss in the coming weeks (hopefully this week).  They've got some tough games coming up in the next 5 weeks against NE, @Bal, @Hou, Den.  I could see them losing 2 or 3 of those games.  NO schedule is a little easier but they could lose to NE, @Atl, Dal.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah I'd actually give the Patriots the edge over the Colts right now. Indy has struggled two weeks in a row and NE looked impressive against Miami.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah I'd actually give the Patriots the edge over the Colts right now. Indy has struggled two weeks in a row and NE looked impressive against Miami.

I'd like to agree with you, BUT the Pats have yet to win a REAL road game this season (Tampa in London doesn't really count).  Not saying they can't win on the road, they just haven't done it yet, losing @NYJ and @Den.  It does appear they're playing a little better than the Colts at this time, but I think Indy will be more focussed with New England coming to town.  Should be a good game.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

New England - Indy is the single best non-championship game in sports.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, Skip Bayless is a dumbass. Anyone who's seen ESPN's 1st and Ten knows what I'm talking about. I just read where he's said the Cowboys are better than the Vikings; even saying Felix "the injury MVP" Jones is more of a threat than Adrien Peterson! This is so stupid on so many levels I can't even begin.

I actually agree with him on some things, but his hatred of TO has reached ridiculous levels. He thinks the 'Boys are going to the superbowl because TO has been holding them back. The Cowboys are mediocre... at best. The only thing that made them good outside Witten was TO. And he was a huge weapon. Austin aint Jerry Rice. And The Cowboys haven't played a real team.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I don't think the Cowboys are that good either.  But, I thought the Eagles WERE and they disposed of them last week on the road (right?).  So I either overvalued the Eagles or undervalued the Boys.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bears are done.

Board footer