You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

misterID wrote:

The Redskins made Orakpo a linebacker, which is what the Bills need to do with Maybin, so you'd have the same thing with him, but Juron would still be trying to make Orakpo a DE when its obvious he isn't, and he'd spend the season on the sideline. The Bills should have drafted Robert Ayers, who's a 4-3 DE rusher. The Bronco's drafted him in a 3-4 scheme as a linebacker. Bad move.

The thing that hurt the Bills most is they drafted Eric Wood with their second 1st round pick. Which was fucking stupid. They could have traded up and got a future probowl LT in Michael Oher. Then Louis Vasquez (who's now a starting guard with The Chargers) was around for them up til the 4th round and they decided Andy Levitre instead.  Dumb.

As for the coach, the owner doesn't want to pay any big money or give over any control to a head coach. Unless he changes I don't see anyone other than Brian Billick being a good choice.

If they get rid of Trent Edwards I hope he ends up with a good team. I really wanted the Dolphins to draft him but they picked John Beck instead. That really worked out well, didn't it? 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just read Fewell is going with Fitzpatric for the rest of the season. Have fun watching those games, CC!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Jason Peters is farrr from great this season, so it's not a huge loss. He must lead the league in dumb penalties at bad times (lined up in the neutral zones on converted 3rd & 8's etc...)

Here's a question.... Where do you all think Tim Tebow will go? What round?  I've heard as low as 5th to not even drafted, I'm by no means a big fan of his, but with all the struggling teams out there (OAK, CLEVE TB ST L) with either no QB or a struggling QB, and CC stating no fire or motivation on the team, well I gotta say if I was a coach or GM there I'd easily think he's worth a 4th rd shot. Myb even a 3rd. I don't watch him enough to see things like his arm strength, reads etc.. but I think he's worth looking into. Look at Miami running the wildcat so often, and I think a coach could figure out plays and drives to fit him in.  The guy is definitely probably good in the huddle.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Tebow will probably go in the 1st round by a team like Jacksonville who needs to put asses in the seats.

And he'll be destroyed in the NFL. His type of run option isn't going to work in the pro's. The game is just too fast and he's going to get laid out. Tebow gets sacked a lot. He has a slow delivery and he can't throw a bullet to make it in small windows. I just don't see it panning out for him.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah I wouldn't draft Tebow, personally I think he'll go late second round, quite likely to a Jacksonville like team. He's in a tough spot because you're not really sure what position to play him as. He doesn't have the arm or the sight to be an NFL QB, isn't fast enough to be anything other than a FB or TE, and has little blocking experience. He'll go like Eric Crouch and be a great college player to nobody NFL.

Edwards clearly should be starting for the rest of the season, just to figure out for sure whether or not he is who they want. Obviously Fitz isn't a long term investment. Dumb first move by the coach. But maybe it was Van Pelt's idea and he's just going along with what his offensive guy tells him.

Oh, and Miami's season is done. Ronnie Brown injury will keep him out for the rest of the year. That offense just doesn't work without him, even if Ricky gets 100 yards a game it won't be enough.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

COWBOYS BABY!!!

A Canadian Cowboys fan? That is fuckin' hilarious. 16

Cowboys are easily the most popular NFL team at least here where I'm from(Alberta). I know way more Cowboys fans than any other team. From all age groups. America's team is basically Canada's team too 16 The Patriots and Bills and Seahwaks may have thier geographic fan bases but the Cowboys rule east to west.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't draft Tebow, personally I think he'll go late second round, quite likely to a Jacksonville like team. He's in a tough spot because you're not really sure what position to play him as. He doesn't have the arm or the sight to be an NFL QB, isn't fast enough to be anything other than a FB or TE, and has little blocking experience. He'll go like Eric Crouch and be a great college player to nobody NFL.

Edwards clearly should be starting for the rest of the season, just to figure out for sure whether or not he is who they want. Obviously Fitz isn't a long term investment. Dumb first move by the coach. But maybe it was Van Pelt's idea and he's just going along with what his offensive guy tells him.

Oh, and Miami's season is done. Ronnie Brown injury will keep him out for the rest of the year. That offense just doesn't work without him, even if Ricky gets 100 yards a game it won't be enough.

Miami's season has been done... 'cause that defense blows. AND yes, now the offense, which has been their only key to stay in games, is gonna take a BIG hit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is prepared to revamp his entire football operation after the season and warned that no position is safe.

“I tell you, we have a lot of work to do,” Wilson told The Associated Press on Thursday in his first interview since firing coach Dick Jauron this week. “We’ve got to revamp and take a look at the whole operation and that’s what we’re going to do.”

FILE - This is a Jan. 31, 2009…

AP - Nov 19, 10:08 am EST

FILE - This is an Oct. 19, 200…

AP - Nov 19, 10:04 am EST 1 of 2 NFL Gallery When asked if that includes the possibility of hiring a general manager with a football background, Wilson reiterated that every position will be reviewed.

The Bills (3-6) play at Jacksonville on Sunday and are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a 10th straight year. Jauron was dismissed Tuesday and replaced by defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who will serve as interim coach the rest of the season.

Though Fewell is a candidate for next season, Wilson said he’s open to making a lucrative offer to land a high-profile coach.

“It’s not about money, it’s about winning,” Wilson said by phone from his home in suburban Detroit. “If it was about money, we wouldn’t have brought in and paid for somebody we know was a great player.”

Wilson was referring to the signing of receiver Terrell Owens(notes) to a one-year $6.5 million contract in March after he was cut by Dallas.

“Anybody that says I’m cheap is looking down the wrong side of the street,” Wilson said.

Wilson discounted reports that the team is interested in interviewing Mike Shanahan, the former Denver Broncos coach.

“I don’t know anything about him,” he said, adding the team will be releasing a statement later in the day to address the speculation.

gotta wonder if they will pick up Vick

Communist China

I hope not. Vick has never and will never be a good enough quarterback for the NFL. He's not elusive anymore and he never had an accurate arm or decent vision from the pocket.

Communist China

Miami is impressive in their first Brownless game, granted it was against Carolina. In my non-GNR fantasy league, I can almost claim victory after Ricky Williams' 30 fantasy points.

Board footer