You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

faldor wrote:

Oh please don't give me the whole "they played UYI songs well before those albums were out" excuse.  That was also 18 years ago before the internet, leaking songs, etc.  Playing new songs was a cool thing and would only be heard by the "fans" who attended the shows.  Nowadays it's a whole lot different.  Give me a more current example and I'll let that slide, but let's not reach back to 1991.

Again, Axl played the songs that were leaked.  If he had no balls or was afraid to play something new, why would he play those songs?  It wasn't written in stone that he had to play new songs.  He chose to play them, presumably because they were leaked, and he kept the other songs on CD to himself for the time being.  So again, we now have heard a full album's worth of material, and he's not gonna play any of it?  I find that hard to believe.

We won't know for sure until they actually get out on the road, but I like the chances of hearing some "other" songs being played.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Critical & stating facts of GNR's situation = YouTube commentary = standard HTGTH ass kisser

I just wanted to clear that up from a couple pages ago. roll

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Really too bad that Vince Neil of all people has to be right about this.

Yeah, he's really got no ground to stand on. Hell, I think most of the music on CD is better than the crap that Crue has pumped out over the last 15+ years. They haven't put out any good material since the start of the 1990's.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Give me a more current example and I'll let that slide, but let's not reach back to 1991.

mia_coachella_2009_06.jpg

edit: I saw multiple shows on that first leg of the tour, and this was the standard set list(although it varied) at the time. Songs in bold were brand spankin new.....

Bamboo Banga

Birdflu

Jimmy

20 Dollar

Pull Up the People

Hussel

Boyz

World Town

Paper Planes

XR2

Bucky Done Gun

Galang

Hell, at the first few shows she wasn't even playing Pull Up or Bucky Done Gun, meaning fans had heard ONE song before show time. Fans weren't logging into forums bitching either or yelling for Bingo or URAQT.  If you are an artist not interested in trips down memory lane, your fan base applauds it and goes along with it. If you feed off nostalgia yet try and act current, you get a fan base whining.

She could have played it safe and played her entire first album, songs from her mixtape, and the first single from the upcoming record. Instead she hit the road and wound up playing the upcoming record minus Mango Pickle months before it was released.

I didn't bitch once. In fact, it played a huge role in me(and others) desire to see multiple shows.

Sky Dog wrote:

when Axl got loads of cash, Axl changed.....hard to comprehend? Game changes...and the Illusion tour and albums put him (and them) in the stratosphere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love those fuckin' pants...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

under those lights it looks like you already did 'love'  them wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I love those fuckin' pants...

You're not the only one. tongue Had she went into the crowd at that show, I can almost guarantee someone would have pulled them off.

She's got crazy fans. At one show on the first Kala tour, some guy pulled both her shoes off and took off with them. They popped up on Ebay like a month or so later, and I still regret not buying them. On the same tour, she bought some expensive glasses, and of course someone swiped them. She actually blogged asking for the person to return them but it didn't happen.

Needless to say, she stopped stage diving.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh please don't give me the whole "they played UYI songs well before those albums were out" excuse.  That was also 18 years ago before the internet, leaking songs, etc.  Playing new songs was a cool thing and would only be heard by the "fans" who attended the shows.  Nowadays it's a whole lot different.  Give me a more current example and I'll let that slide, but let's not reach back to 1991.

Again, Axl played the songs that were leaked.  If he had no balls or was afraid to play something new, why would he play those songs?  It wasn't written in stone that he had to play new songs.  He chose to play them, presumably because they were leaked, and he kept the other songs on CD to himself for the time being.  So again, we now have heard a full album's worth of material, and he's not gonna play any of it?  I find that hard to believe.

We won't know for sure until they actually get out on the road, but I like the chances of hearing some "other" songs being played.

*lol*  Would you prefer I play the ostrich game and pretend Axl's the shit?  Ok.  Axl's has balls the size of grapefruits.  Makes me laugh cause I give you a perfect example and you refuse to hear it.  And James nice example.  MIA has way more guts than Axl now.  And faldor lemme tell you the only reason you heard 5 new songs live or even the album is because leaks happened or else Axl would still be scared to release his songs.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

Like James mentionned.  MIA plays new tracks before they're out as do other bands.

Board footer