You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

Son of a Gun wrote:

Finck is where he belongs. Hope he sticks around longer.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://loudwire.com/robin-finck-rejoins … nch-nails/

Photo of robin jamming and more news on what's going on.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Trent and NIN continue to show other bands (ahem) how to act.

From Trent via their website: "I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!” (http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/51 … ive-really)

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It's really exciting to hear about new music for the first time when it's actually ready. Not a dig at GnR either- almost NOBODY unleashes surprises like that. Totally cool, and must be nice to be that free artistically that he has the room to operate that way in the first place.

Pretty fucking excited to hear some new NIN and I hope this really is "new place".

Me_Wise_Magic

Can't wait to hear the new album. Going to kick so much ass. Hoping to catch a show; but so far the tour dates are times I can't make.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I read that robin came back because the guy from Jane's Addiction left...is that possible? Does that mean fink on bass?

Me_Wise_Magic

I hope not cause I want to hear finck play that geetar!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah..surely theu'd have him on guitar...maybe they just shuffled it all around or something.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That article linked up thread mentions that Robin's also a bass player, but also that he's hardly the only multi-instrumentalist onboard. So who's playing bass is all speculation for now. Do we know of anywhere Robin held down bass duties? I'd be interested to hear it, but my first reaction is I want him torturing that guitar!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The quick news keeps on coming: NIN will release their new single 'Came Back Haunted' to radio tomorrow morning at 11:30 AM. You can read a KROQ rep describe it a little bit here, but 1) you only have to wait a day to judge for yourself, and 2) I'm always skeptical of claims that a band has gone back to their roots of their first few albums because obviously there's always a lot of fans that want to hear that.

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/nin … -thursday/

I really don't know what direction to expect this album to moving in, but I think I do buy what she's saying about it likely being less-experimental than his off-label projects of recent years.

For the tour, I would be totally shocked if Robin isn't on lead guitar for most of the show. I think Trent has long felt that Robin 'gets it' with NIN music live more than any other guitarist who's had the position. Really, at this point, I think Robin kind of *is* the guitarist for NIN. Sure, he was a freelancer and played in GnR for years, but he's been on practically all of NIN's major tours: Downward Spiral, both Fragility tours, and the post-label years when Trent was putting out Ghosts and The Slip. I think most NIN fans have pretty much written off the With Teeth and Year Zero touring groups as second-rate, outside of a couple guys like Alesandro Cortini. Long story short, if you made a definitive NIN touring band of all-time, Robin would be on lead guitar and Trent knows that. So I'm sure that's where he'll be most of the time.

Board footer