You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

alexh0618 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just downloaded With Teeth. Looking forward to listening to this album

If you like discipline, you will like With Teeth.

I like With Teeth, it's just goes into a different direction than the rest of the NIN catalog.

I disagree. I think YZ is in a totally different direction. PHM is pop with a darker edge and sadder (shittier) lyrics. Broken is too, it's just very hard. But there is clear melody in there, in fact underneath the fuzz and loud guitar they're pop songs too. TDS is less like that, but still Closer and March of the Pigs have poppy elements to them. The Fragile... well it's like TDS bigger, grander, and move self-indulgent. Then WT, I see, as a modern PHM and a return to classic NIN of 89-92 (with some of 94).

Not to get into a big argument, but I just find YZ to be the odd-ball because the melody is gone and it's total computer noise. Survivalism isn't at all like HLAH, Wish, MOTP, or of course THTF. It's not even close to We're in This Together or Starfuckers.

EDIT: New Meathead video, a vid for Discipline. So funny.  http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/h … oon036.htm

Communist China

James Lofton wrote:

So have you gotten through it yet? I'd like to hear what you think, especially since people keep saying Discipline belongs there (or is worse than it) and I don't really believe that.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So have you gotten through it yet? I'd like to hear what you think, especially since people keep saying Discipline belongs there (or is worse than it) and I don't really believe that.

I listened to it once. Didn't really grab me by the balls, but I certainly wont judge it from just one listen.

Nothing as catchy as Discipline though, thats for sure.

I'll give it another listen tonight.

James

James wrote:

Nine Inch Nails is touring the US and Canada this summer.
Premium tickets for all NIN headline dates will be made available to registered nin. com members in advance of public on sales. Pre sale tickets are personalized with the member's legal name printed on the face of the ticket and ID will be required for pickup and entry into the venue on the night of show. Pre sale ticket supplies are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. Our goal is to put the best tickets in the hands of the fans and not in the hands of scalpers and/or brokers.

To get access to presale tickets, register for a free nin. com membership at tour. nin. com.

If you've previously registered at remix. nin. com or are a member of The Spiral, you're already a nin. com member, and you can login with your existing username/password on the performance page.

Please the performance page for full tour information and presale access, but here's a quick list of upcoming shows:

2008 Summer Tour
NOTE: all times are in local venue time zone
7/25/08 Pemberton, BC [Pemberton Festival]
On sale: NOW

7/26/08 Seattle, WA [Key Arena]
Pre Sale: 5/7 (5:00PM)
On Sale: 5/10 (10:00AM)

7/28/08 Edmonton, AB [Rexall Place]
Pre Sale: 5/6 (5:00PM)
On Sale: 5/9 (10:00AM)

7/29/08 Calgary, AB [Pengrowth Saddledome]

7/31/08 Winnipeg, MB [MTS Centre]

8/2/08 Minneapolis, MN [Target Center]
Pre Sale: 5/7 (5:00PM)
On Sale: 5/10 (10AM)

8/3/08 Chicago, IL [Grant Park - Lollapalooza Festival]
On Sale: NOW

8/5/08 Toronto, ON [Air Canada Centre]
On Sale: 5/9 (5:00PM)

8/7/08 Uncasville, CT [Mohegan Sun Arena]
Pre Sale: 5/21 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/24 (10AM)

8/8/08 Worcester, MA [DCU Center]
Pre Sale: 5/14 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/17 (12NOON)

8/10/08 Baltimore, MD [Pimlico Race Course - V Festival]
On Sale: 5/3

8/12/08 Knoxville, TN [Knoxville Civic Coliseum]
Pre Sale: 5/7 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/10 (9AM)

8/13/08 Duluth, GA [Gwinnett Arena]
Pre Sale: 5/6 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/9 (5PM)

8/15/08 Oklahoma City, OK [Ford Center]

8/16/08 Houston, TX [Toyota Center]

8/18/08 Dallas, TX [American Airlines Center]

8/20/08 St.

Louis, MO [Scottrade Center]
Pre Sale: 5/28 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/31 (10AM)

8/22/08 Cleveland, OH [Quicken Loans Arena]

8/23/08 Auburn Hills, MI [The Palace of Auburn Hills]

8/27/08 East Rutherford, NJ [Izod Center]
On Sale: 5/10 (12NOON)

8/29/08 Philadelphia, PA [Wachovia Center]

8/31/08 Lexington, KY [Rupp Arena]
Pre Sale: 4/30 (5PM)
On Sale: 5/3 (10AM)

9/2/08 Morrison, CO [Red Rocks Amphitheater]

9/3/08 Salt Lake City [E Center]
On sale: 5/10 (11AM)

9/5/08 Oakland, CA [Oracle Arena]
Pre Sale: 6/12 (5:00PM)
On Sale: 6/15 (10AM)

9/6/08 Los Angeles, CA [The Forum]
Pre Sale: TBA
On Sale: TBA

James

James wrote:

The album has been released on NIN.com Finck is credited.

The album is called The Slip. Trent encourages the sharing of this album, so the link will be posted here.

Tracklist:

1. 999,999
   2. 1,000,000
   3. letting you
   4. discipline
   5. echoplex
   6. head down
   7. lights in the sky
   8. corona radiata
   9. the four of us are dying
  10. demon seed

length: 43:45

Written by Trent Reznor.

Performed by Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Robin Finck (welcome back) and Allesandro Cortini.

as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.

for those of you interested in physical products, fear not. we plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in july. details coming soon.

splashmh8.jpg

http://theslip.nin.com/

Communist China

Got tickets to see NIN in Toronto, August 5th with my brother!! Couldn't get floor, which sold out in what couldn't have been more than a minute (presales did the same), but got some good lower level seats in the section closest to the stage. Better seats than I had for GN'R in 06 even!

Going to be my first NIN concert (second Robin Finck concert) and I can not wait! Up in Toronto for a day, maybe a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame, a concert...

BTW, did you guys see NIN was listed by USA Today as #4 on their list of the 5 Acts You Need to See This Summer, or something like that. You never see new GN'R on those types of lists...

James

James wrote:

I REALLY hope I can get up close when tix go on sale for my show. I may have to go through a scalper if necessary.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Got tickets to see NIN in Toronto, August 5th with my brother!! Couldn't get floor, which sold out in what couldn't have been more than a minute (presales did the same), but got some good lower level seats in the section closest to the stage. Better seats than I had for GN'R in 06 even!

Going to be my first NIN concert (second Robin Finck concert) and I can not wait! Up in Toronto for a day, maybe a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame, a concert...

BTW, did you guys see NIN was listed by USA Today as #4 on their list of the 5 Acts You Need to See This Summer, or something like that. You never see new GN'R on those types of lists...

hey CC the best seats in my opinion for NIN are straight away center, first balcony. I shit you not. NIN isn't about watching their stage performance in my opinion. It's about soaking in the music with the light show and videos.  it's like theatre in a  weird way. I have tickets for the June 28th show in Calgary and in a  rare occurance I bought my tickets at an actual outlet and the girl said I could have floor seats but I passed faster than instantly and told here exactly where I wanted to sit. Front row, first balcony, looking straight onto the stage. PERFECT. NIN syncs their music to the video so perfectly that you need to see it all to get the true experience. My buddies last time sat off to the side of the stage and they felt they missed out on so much cause they coudln't see the screens perfectly. I could. NIN  ranks as a top 4 show I've ever seen and I swear it had almost as much to do with where I was sitting(my choice as Rexall Place was only half full and I tried a few different spots) as it did the actual performance. You don't wanna deal with idiots on the floor for NIN. yeah they play some heavy shit but it's an all out visual assault and you need to have proper seats to take it in properly.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I REALLY hope I can get up close when tix go on sale for my show. I may have to go through a scalper if necessary.

Again James, up close for NIN is not the best. You'll miss out on so much.

Board footer