You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: The Positive CD Thread

war wrote:

catcher
if the world
sorry
irs

when in the mood...
cd
better
madagascar

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've really gone off Madagascar in the last year. I liked it when I first heard it years ago but the novelty long since wore off with that one I'm afraid.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it's really my favorite gnr song, in my head

the recording of it blows in every way
that's why i skip it at times

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:
russtcb wrote:
TSI wrote:

Thanks Buzz-- smile

I'm still hung up on "sorry" it's lyrics are quite abrasive, and I love the Floyd-esqe edge. It's a dark toned song.

That "Floyd" thing really hit me about a month ago. It really reminds me of Animals-era Floyd.

Exactly! It is slow and menacing, an angry song-but not a typical angry gnr song, it still strikes home with lyrical fangs sinking deep...
(I love Animals as well)  Another one I find myself drawn to especially when driving, is Shackler's- very aggressive-and it feeds my road rage. I relate to the highs and lows of Scraped as well, can totally relate to the lyrics. 5

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I listen to Shacklers almost always when driving. GREAT driving song.

Agreed! Gives me a bad case of Lead foot, and fuels my mind.:beer:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Listened to CD on my way home from work tonight.  It was a long drive, and I rocked out the whole way.  I must be getting ill though, I couldn't sing along to the songs with my usual reverance.  Couldn't quite hit those high notes like I usually (try to) do.

One thing I did take notice of.  I love the sequence of Riad, Sorry, IRS.  Riad takes a LOT out of you as a listener.  That song is so damn energetic.  A much needed break in "Sorry" is appreciated.  Then, you're right back at it with "I.R.S."  No rest for the weary.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Madagascar, lyrically is one of the best.

Everything else... still one of the best.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was just listening to a couple tracks today, This I Love & Prostitute, and I just have to say again this album was mixed GREAT.

Such great sound. 9

Board footer