You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The Wrestling thread

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, but in all honesty, I would have probably been on the level of David Flair 16

Lmao self burn

Maybe you two could team up and be a jobber Tag team. Or is he the one that committed suicide?

I think it was Reid Flair that committed suicide.  The WWE shamelessly brought that back in an angle a few years ago.

Also, I went to a live event like a few years ago and it was really fun.  You get none of the BS of the Raws and Smackdown.  Plus the crowd level of enthusiasm is always fun.  And it's interesting to watch it live vs on TV.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, but in all honesty, I would have probably been on the level of David Flair 16

Lmao self burn

Maybe you two could team up and be a jobber Tag team. Or is he the one that committed suicide?

I think it was Reid Flair that committed suicide.  The WWE shamelessly brought that back in an angle a few years ago.

Also, I went to a live event like a few years ago and it was really fun.  You get none of the BS of the Raws and Smackdown.  Plus the crowd level of enthusiasm is always fun.  And it's interesting to watch it live vs on TV.

I guess he had a lot of kids. Yea...the live events are pretty cool but a 3 hour RAW is still ridiculous. I really wish I was able to go to any live events as a kid.

How did the WWE bring it back for an angle?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

RIP Kamala

One of my favorite heels as a kid. I'll never forget the first time I saw him on Mid South wrestling. I was glued to the TV. That splash of his was amazing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah ashame. He seemed older than id have thought he was, 71 or something?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah ashame. He seemed older than id have thought he was, 71 or something?

He had both his legs amputated i believe awhile back. Diabetes i think.

AtariLegend wrote:

R.I.P.

Yeah, he's been in poor health for years. Obviously it was a bit before my time, but I do remember him being out there for the x7 gimmick battle royal.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I remember being legit scared of Kamala...especially when he'd do his promos and he'd walk around like a strange jungle animal with that spear. The way he'd tilt his head and...just all of it. His WWF run was short.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I don't know if anyone on here ever listens to Jim Cornette's many podcasts. Man, I love that guy. Bruce Prichard has an awesome podcast too. It's kind of sad that I'd rather hear about the old days than watch anything new. Wrestling has gotten super silly.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don't know if anyone on here ever listens to Jim Cornette's many podcasts. Man, I love that guy. Bruce Prichard has an awesome podcast too. It's kind of sad that I'd rather hear about the old days than watch anything new. Wrestling has gotten super silly.

There's a pretty good YT vid on the whole ECW/NWO invasion.  Might be from the podcast. Pretty cool insight & era. I didn't watch early 90s, so that was me getting back into it since the Hulk Hogan years of WWF. That was a really cool storyline, 'Outsiders' joining in & usurping everything. I think Nash & Hall were thinking of names too & Eric Bresnoff suggested they just go with their real names, which was a little unheard of in those years. Also they reference the whole Goldberg 99-0 in like 3 months time which was pretty ridiculous. I think it averaged almost 1 win a night, every night, so it was exaggerated but he claimed it wasn't. Also claims he wasn't an imitation of Stone Cold which, come on.

Yeah, I hear there's good wrestling podcasts out there, I'm not big on podcasts unfortunately. Just haven't gotten into it although everyone tells me I should.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

There's a pretty good YT vid on the whole ECW/NWO invasion.  Might be from the podcast. Pretty cool insight & era. I didn't watch early 90s, so that was me getting back into it since the Hulk Hogan years of WWF. That was a really cool storyline, 'Outsiders' joining in & usurping everything. I think Nash & Hall were thinking of names too & Eric Bresnoff suggested they just go with their real names, which was a little unheard of in those years. Also they reference the whole Goldberg 99-0 in like 3 months time which was pretty ridiculous. I think it averaged almost 1 win a night, every night, so it was exaggerated but he claimed it wasn't. Also claims he wasn't an imitation of Stone Cold which, come on.

Yeah, I hear there's good wrestling podcasts out there, I'm not big on podcasts unfortunately. Just haven't gotten into it although everyone tells me I should.

I'd love to see the YT vid.

The early 90s were interesting for a few reasons. 1) Vince McMahon and the steriod trial...still don't know how he got out of that unscathed. 2) Hulk Hogan losing his grip on being the top star...seriously...1993 is the most bizarre year in wrestling ever. 3) Watching the transition from early 90s to late 90s and how quickly it happens (1996 to 1997) is still surreal to me.

I find that podcasts are like a lifestyle change...whatever you typically tune into, you have to replace it if you ever really want in. Instead of turning on NPR or sports radio in the car I try to plug into a podcast now more often than not. I'm usually not disappointed. Podcasts have an intimacy to them that MSM just doesn't have.

Board footer