You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Supernatural Experiences

DTJ's Ghosthunters thread inspired me to start this as I remember from previous threads that a few people have had some crazy experiences.  I thought it might be good to recount them and for to hear people's opinions on this kind of thing.

When I was about 5 I was playing in my parent's bedroom and heard a male voice calling my name.  My dad worked away and there was no reason for anyone other than me and my mam to be in the house.  I can remember clearly asking 'where are you?' and it replying 'in your bedroom.'  I went through to my room and it was empty.

I am open minded as to the existence of ghosts/whatever.  I think that certain people may be more sensitive than others to ghostly vibes or whatever they might be but who the hell knows?

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:

Here's something that happened to my best friend and I on Thanksgiving.

I was visiting relatives and friends that day, and decided to visit my parents grave that night with my best friend. I had no opportunity to do so during the day and live 2 hours away, so visiting is very infrequent for me, hence why I went at night. Anyhow, my friend and I were putting flowers on their grave when something happened that still gives my friend and I the chills. Let me give a little background before telling you what happened, as I think it may be relative to it:

I had just got done visiting my father's sister in a nursing home. I was going to bring her to my sister's house to spend Thanksgiving with us, but she caught a cold and didn't feel well. Her children and grandchildren have nothing to do with her, and because she can't live alone due to the fact that she has a hip problem, she was thrown into this nursing home to be forgotten by all of her kids and grandchildren. My sister, my cousin from my Dad's other sister, and my best friend along with our families are the only ones who care about this woman, and recently (back in May), my sister and I found out about this awful situation. sad Anyhow, I decided that since she couldn't visit with us for Thanksgiving, we'd bring Thanksgiving to her- so ten of us (my family, my sister and her daughter, my best friend and her daughters) went and visited with her for a couple of hours, bringing her Thanksgiving goodies and good cheer. She said that that day was better than Mother's Day for her.

So, after we left, we went back to my sister's place, had some hor dourves and dessert, then went to the grave. We were there about a couple of minutes, when all of the sudden, both my friend and I heard my father's voice calling my name. Then, the lights went out in the cemetery for a couple of seconds and came back on. Just as I questioned my friend about hearing my Dad call my name, it happened again- he said my name, and the lights went out again.

I think my Dad was just thanking my best friend and I  in his own way for caring enough about his little sister to go and visit her.  Surely this is breaking his heart seeing watching her being abandoned by her children and grandchildren. sad

I have many other stories I can share, but this one is the most recent one.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I don't feel like sharing my stories tonight although i have plenty, buti feel like telling you that ALL children are sensitive to " presences".

Gabriel laughs a lot with one, he says there is a man in the bedroom but is not scared and the other day, he waved bye bye and since i was always " sensitive", i asked him who he was saying bye to and he replied " man and baby".

So i told him we have some family looking over and that he should sleep and I asked them to come early enough to he doesn't get his sleep mixed up.

It probably feels weird to act that way to most people, but kids see and hear, and i don't want to deny my son what my mother denied me.

I would have been much better off if she had acted as if it were normal, especially since her family is so " sensitive" that every generation has an oddball or two.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've told the few strange experiences I have had at various GNR forums over the years, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it again.

When I was a kid, my aunt and two of my cousins lived in this old apartment complex in Ceres. There was some sort of ghost there, because it would go to the bathroom alot and you could see the doors opening and closing themselves. This went on during the whole time she lived there.

My grandma and my aunt lived in Turlock in the 80's, and one year my aunt's boyfriend won her a stuffed clown at the Turlock Fair. This clown would move around the room when you weren't in there. You could sit it on the bed, leave the room, come back in and it would be on the dresser. Really creepy shit. This clown scared some of my cousins big time, and even some of the adults in my family. I remember my grandma was actually afraid to get rid of it, not knowing what would happen if she did. Eventually this clown was shoved to the very back of the bathroom closet, and wasn't seen for a couple years. One time, me and my cousin Cory were spending the night at my grandma's, and I was going to take a shower and needed a towel, so I was looking in that closet. I spotted the clown, and I told my cousin Cory I had a "surprise" for him. I told him to close his eyes, he did, and I threw that clown at him. He opened his eyes and screamed. The dumbass woke my grandma up. I have no idea what this clown's fate was, but I think my grandma finally through it in the garbage.

This next incident didn't happen to me, but to my aunts in the 70's when they were teens. Its true, and to this very day this strange incident will get mentioned at various family get togethers. It was late at night, and my aunts were bored and had nothing to do. So they walked over to Livingston park. They had smoked a joint, and were just hanging out at this park laughing and shit. Nobody was there, and then all of a sudden a hearse pulls into the park. Inside the hearse was Frankenstein and a midget. They got out of the hearse, and were just standing around there. My aunts ran from the park as fast they could until they got home.

No, it wasn't Halloween. Even if it was, where is someone going to get a midget and a hearse? Very strange incident. I have always been into supernatural shit, but this case just defies explanation because Frankenstein is a character from a book/movie.

the_real_jessica

Oh no, the clown james !! no no !

You probably had a child ghost, playing with it..

Oh how sad, didn't you get it ?

Poor little one..He/she is probably still there ..

If you loose your fear one day, go and buy a cuddly toy, bring it there and tell the people who live there to LEAVE the toy there, whatever happens.

Oh how sad..

the_real_jessica

oh i AM upset now..

I had a little girl in my appartment in paris..

Children need toys..

They like to play, they play like kids, so they like to play things like " boo !" games..

Here are my experiences

When I was a teenager, my friends family bought a house where the mother and son where murdered.  It was a drug deal by the son that had gone bad and the mother was home at the time that they decided to murder the son so they murdered her as well.   There was a group of us girls that hung out together and we all slept in my friends room.  3 on the bed and 2 on the floor.  I was on the floor with my girlfriend Julie.  Well Julie and I both woke up during the night and the rug was this shag rug so when the door opened you heard a swooosh sound.  So Julie and I are up, whispering and it was dark, really dark in there and we heard swoooosh so we called out Fran? [my friends mothers name]  Fran and nothing so we sat up kinda looking toward the door and as we did that the full size mirror that my friend had against the wall, fell on us.   Now both our feet were not near the mirror and top of the mirror hit us in on our feet and ankles.  When we screamed, Christine [her room] woke up and turned on the light and the door was closed.   She herself had alot of weird experiences in that house.

When me, my husband, my dad, mom, bro and his wife went to New Hope PA.  We stayed in one of the haunted bed and breakfasts.   In my room there was no tv just a scrabble game that me and my husband were playing on the bed and it was all done up very old victorian, beautiful actually.   So my husband was saying, I don't believe that this place is haunted and right after he said that the shade flew up very fast and very hard and both of us jumped across the bed.   In my brothers room when they left the room to meet us downstairs and go out for the day all was in order, the we had stopped back there and the maid had been there everything was still in order.  We they got back later that night, every cabinet, draw and closet were open.   

Recently when my dad passed, he passed on a Thursday, that saturday I was at my parents house with my son and my husband and others were in the house as well.   My son was watching tv and playing in my brothers old room in which my dad turned into his den and also where the hospital bed was that he was sleeping in after he was diagnosed and had to sleep in a mostly upright position.  Anyhow, when I first walked in the room for the first time since I got here, on shelves that are in the back of the room, the very top shelf near the ceiling are 3 pics, one a wedding pic of me and my hubby, then next to that a pic of me and my dad dancing at my bro's wedding and one of me alone.  Ofcourse I looked at them, mostly the one of me and him and was feeling all sad but I looked at them and they were all set up the position they have been in for years.   

Fast forward about an hour or two and I go in to see what Jake is up to and I start tickling him on the bed and the lights were on, a fan light with 4 lights.  Well one of the lights started to fade on and off and I looked up at the light switch like who is messing with the lights, then I looked up at the light and light when dim, high, dim then off.  I thought nothing of it thinking, the light bulb when out so my husband was walked in and I asked him to look for another bulb.   Needless to say he couldn't find one so I told my mom the light was out and she needed a bulb.   Now fast forward another hour, I happen to look up at the pics again on the tippy top shelf and the wedding pic of me and my hubby is totally sideways, exposing the entire pic of me and my dad dancing.   So as I am looking up at it, my husband says, you noticed that too.  I was like holy shit, because those pics have never, ever been touched for years.  The shelf is so high that my mother hasn't even dusted up there in a long time.   My kid has been in that room several times before and the vibrations of him in there have never moved those pics.   So during all this, we turned the lights back on and guess what, the light that was dimming and coming back and finally had went out, is now working.   So get on my tippy toes, climbing over boxes mind that are infront of the shelf, behind a recliner chair, to push the pic back with my finger tips, cuz I can barely reach it and I am not a short girl and no one moved that pic that was in the house either, my mother can't even reach it.   That light to this day a month later, is still working, my mother never changed it, sure you can explain that with something up with the electric system that day, that can be explained but considering it hasn't happened since nor before that is weird.

the_real_jessica

Oh dammit, you want weird, i'll give you weird :

In March 2003, my father had a cerebral attack and was rushed to the emergencies by helicopter ( hell, the firebrigade does emergencies here, they took 45 mn to get to the house because dad lived up on top of his mountain with roads so narrow that no one could drive fast...they tried to revive him FOR 4 HOURS and when he was stabilized, a heli was called in and he was transported to Geneva in switzerland)

To cut a long story short-er, after coming out of IC after a week, he was diagnosed with a double brain tumor, primary and secondary ( 1 person in a million) and the doctors decided with his agreement to operate.

20 mn after the operation, he had convulsions and 6 hours later, his brain was declared dead.

He was an organ donor, so he was kept alive on an intubator.

That's where weird comes in ( well, some was before but too long) :

I go to the hospital in Geneva to see my dad, whose brain was already dead.
My mother says " it's ok jessie, you can touch him, he is dead" ( yeah, well, mum is a bit weird in how she says things).
I was very tormented, i didn't know how to react, i could see my dad lying there and didn't know what to do, he seemed so peaceful.
Anyway, i reply to mum " NO ! He is NOT dead, i can FEEL "him"".

So mum says " can you ?"

I say " yes, i sense him there, sorry mum, he is NOT gone, he is there".

After a while, we go back home, waiting to hear about the doctors and wether they found people to receive organs or not.

On the second night home, PRECISELY AT 1.01 am, i wake the whole house up SCREAMING

" My throat hurts my throat hurts, i can't breathe with a suffocating sound" and i scream to mum in tears
" That's it, he is gone mum, he is gone !!"

As usual , i freak people out and everyone tells me i had a nightmare and to go back to sleep.

At 10 am that morning, the hospital calls.

Mum speaks and hangs up, turns around to me, then to the others and says
" they took the tubes out of your father at 1.00 am this morning and he was officially declared dead at 1.01 am"

In the house, the big clock's glass window broke that night and the time stopped ..on 1.01 am.

His favorite watch ( i have it with me), the one he was wearing, stopped working that night too, on 1.01 am.

I have some more concerning the rest after, but it makes me emotionnal.

the_real_jessica

DTJ, take that picture down, put it somewhere where you can see it every day, your dad knows you are sad, you'll be able to see him every day..

the_real_jessica wrote:

DTJ, take that picture down, put it somewhere where you can see it every day, your dad knows you are sad, you'll be able to see him every day..

I have pics of him around in my house but I do want that pic of him and I dancing.  When my mom moves I will ask her for it..

I just have to say this thread is damn interesting and I am totally interested in everyones experience, I find it really interesting/fascinating hearing everyones tales.

Board footer