You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Best Album of the 80s Elimination- Round 15

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I was shocked to see Master go...

Thriller

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Ozzy - some classic songs but some I never need to hear again too.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I don't understand why Metallica was voted off on the basis of whilst Puppets is better than some of the albums left, Metallica don't deserve two spots... That's stupid! If it happens that Metallica wrote two albums and theyre better than what's left then they do deserve two spots!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I don't understand why Metallica was voted off on the basis of whilst Puppets is better than some of the albums left, Metallica don't deserve two spots... That's stupid! If it happens that Metallica wrote two albums and theyre better than what's left then they do deserve two spots!

How is it stupid? People were basically using the same strategy with Soundgarden in the last elimination. It was peaches and cream then, but isn't now because its Metallica?

Please.........

In no way, shape, or form do two Metallica records deserve two spots in the top six. They're good, but they're not that good.

To use the words of neemo:

suck it up buttercup...

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

I never said it was peaches and cream when Soundgarden were taken out. Actually I think both their records last time deserved a lot longer as well. I just don't understand how you can say that you think Master of Puppets is better than some albums left but then vote it off on the basis that Metallica don't deserve two. If they wrote two records that are better than what's left then surely they would deserve two?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I voted partially based on 80's pop culture and impact it had on it. Sure Metallica made it's mark on heavy metal, but they didn't explode until the Black Album. Sure my brother & some friends had their tapes (I was more a GnR fan), but even that was more 89-90.

When I think back on the 80's of course I think of Thriller, and I think of Joshua Tree, and I think of the Pyromania songs on the radio when I was younger, and Black in Black (though I had Who made Who), and of course all the girls wearing "Slippery When Wet" T shirts in 9th & 10th grade (ALOT of them). Metallica didn't have that impact. If you gave me $15 bucks to buy one of these albums would it likely be the one I'd choose? Probably. But that's not how I'm voting.

I agree having 2 albums may not be the fairest reason for voting, but on the other hand it makes it easy because "This isn't even this bands BEST album, so it can't possibly be THE best album"

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Master is their best album though wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Metallica - And Justice For All

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

MoP is better than AJFA.  There.  I said it.

Board footer