You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: GnREvolution Arcade Madness - Discussion and Results Thread

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Way too many Zeldas and Marios. The first Resident Evil(or the 4th) deserved a spot before that many in one franchise.

There's two MARIOS! AND both are completely different games. One is a left to right platformer the other a 3D Collect Em All adventure.

The Zelda's well with the exception of Twilight those games are fantastic and deserve their spot. Will agree on the Resi 4 point that one is a modern gem.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Way too many Zeldas and Marios. The first Resident Evil(or the 4th) deserved a spot before that many in one franchise.

There's two MARIOS! AND both are completely different games. One is a left to right platformer the other a 3D Collect Em All adventure.

The Zelda's well with the exception of Twilight those games are fantastic and deserve their spot. Will agree on the Resi 4 point that one is a modern gem.

Word.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Max Payne should not have lost to Mortal Kombat.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

True. MK was a whole experience in itself, first game to use digitized images that effectively and convincingly. Milestone game that. Max Payne was just a really well executed film noir game. Unique in it's own way, but too niche to be influential.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

This is going to be kinda nitpicky, but I would suggest using the IGN scores instead of gamespots.  Its more of a personal preference than anything else, I just trust their reviews more.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Unique in it's own way, but too niche to be influential.

I disagree, it influenced a whole boatload of games by popularizing the slowmo gunplay.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i like gamespot tongue

anyway MKII was one of the first to use the finishing moves thing and to bring in gore into the games...i played MKII nonstop loved it...didnt care for max payne...but i'm not voting so my opinion doesnt count

though i thought that MKIII sucked the combos were already hard enough to do in ii then in III they changed them all and made them even more complicated

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Agreed

Maybe there's an off-chance of Max Payne 2 representing...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Use Metacritic or Gamerankings scores for ties. That is the fairest way to do it.

EDIT: Metacritic takes scores from many sources and then takes an average. Is good but it can be a bit difficult to find old games on it. Gamerankings is better as it also has scores for a lot of old games. Better to go with one of them than just take a review score from one site.

EDIT 2: If you use Gamerankings Max Payne would go through over Kombat. So even though I think Kombat is better, I think Payne should go through over it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we're using gamespot....the end

Board footer