You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Give Tommy Stinson thanks

Sky Dog wrote:

"I want to say this about Tommy: Some people say that Keith Richards is the embodiment of rock and roll. Well, I know `em both and I say it's Tommy Stinson. Keith is a cowboy, he goes back to Gene Autry. Tommy—he goes back to Johnny Thunders. Tommy Stinson is rock and roll." - Jim Dickinson

Some of Jim's credentials....:thumbup:
Jim Dickinson managed an outsider's career in an insider's industry. He recorded with and produced greats like Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Big Star, the Rolling Stones, The Replacements and Sam & Dave.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

"Hey You" its a great song, i love it

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
madagas wrote:

He recorded with and produced greats like Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Big Star, the Rolling Stones, The Replacements and Sam & Dave.

Now theres a band I haven't listened to in a while cool

Tommy does a pretty sweet cover of Big Stars "Nightime", as did Elliott Smith. Probably why its my favourite BS song.

"Caught a glance in your eyes,
And fell through the skies"

Big Stars "Third/Sister Lovers" is one of the most depressing records I've ever come across - I thoroughly recommend it to all 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would fuckin' love to hear Tommy do his thang.

I know Duff recorded it on TSI, but Tommy years ago did a bitchin' cover of "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory". That'd be pretty awesome.

I'd love to hear a Tommy-exclusive Guns song to be honest.

It'd also be cool if it was some performance that just kind of let Tommy do lead, like It's So Easy or something. Probably won't happen tho. I'm still holding out for another Izzy special appearence, this time with Dust N' Bones & 14 Years, while Axl goes and eats his leg of lamb or whatever.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I think it would be a cool idea, but would it hold the interest of most of the audience with Axl offstage, or would it be a mass exodus to the bathrooms/beerstands?

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I like the guy.

That being said, it's piss break time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I think it would be a cool idea, but would it hold the interest of most of the audience with Axl offstage, or would it be a mass exodus to the bathrooms/beerstands?

That's what a tambourine is for. 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

As a reward for his 10+ years of service, Axl should turn Tommy up in the live mix.

-President, P.L.T.
(People for a Louder Tommy)

Haha

Fuck yeah.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

dude lets not shit ourselves here, the band are hired hands.

johndivney wrote:

nah tommy's more than a hired hand at this stage. he's been a gunner for longer than most of the 'original' memebers - or rather longer than most of the appetite band and has conducted himself like he wants to be there and believes in the project.

Board footer