You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Give Tommy Stinson thanks

DCK wrote:

I fail to see the difference from taking a piss break when one of the guitarists present another guitar solo while Axl takes a break from singing, than taking a piss break when Tommy sings a song with his guitar. What is more interesting? So take a piss break and let the hardcores stand and applaud him, because they know how much loyalty there is involved. He's much more than a hired-hand. If I have to choose, I'd take Tommy any day over Duff.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a dick, but this really made me LOL

You think Axl is in charge of everything?

DCK

DCK wrote:

If we want this to turn into something more than a forum debate, we need to gather up the other forums, make a statement, sign with all the boards onboard and send a PDF to anyone which we can get a hold of. If anyone wanna help out with this, PM me or something and see if we can actually make our opinion be heard.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

The difference is that when one of the guitarist's wanks off, the band AND the audience gets to take a piss break.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Tommy needs:

1 Guitar
1 Microphone

That's one more item compared to just the guitar wanking.

Doesn't need to be more complicated.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I fail to see the difference from taking a piss break when one of the guitarists present another guitar solo while Axl takes a break from singing, than taking a piss break when Tommy sings a song with his guitar. What is more interesting? So take a piss break and let the hardcores stand and applaud him, because they know how much loyalty there is involved. He's much more than a hired-hand. If I have to choose, I'd take Tommy any day over Duff.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a dick, but this really made me LOL

You think Axl is in charge of everything?

Tommy & Duff is a case were i'd argue for two bass players. I like them both that much. Or maybe Duff could go to rhythm guitar. 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Duff to replace Fortus and then him and Tommy to have a Bass duel instead of Fortus's Beautiful solo. 5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Roughly 5 people want to hear Tommy at any given concert.  It's nice that a few people like him, but let's get real, he's collecting on his contract.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Sky Dog wrote:

Lighten up Francis.....it's happy hour....go drink a beer. 5

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the problem  with this concept is that while the solo spots have always been part of GNR but the bigger the band gets the less the audience is going to tollerate it. At the end of the day, people want to see GNR play as a unit, not a tallent show of it's members. By the time you have 3 guitarists play a solo, then Tommy, Then Dizzy it's generating almost half a  set list just of solos. So Tommy would have to be added at the expense of something.

Realisticly too, while I think most people are there for axl, GNR has always had a share of fans who are into the guitar side of it (followers of Slash, then bucket, and now bumble)...so i think most people are there to see Axl, but they're more likely to accept a break from Axl filled with hardcore guitar showing off than just random songs from the bassist...no disresepct to tommy. But i guess it could be made to work.

Personally, if we're talking guitar spots, I wish bumble would play "Guitars Suck" to show off his crazy playing as his solo spot....but it's more likely he'll do another re-arrangement of a GNR thing like the 'Don't Cry' Spot (which is also cool...but you know...something to show what a machine he is would be cool).

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Tommy over Duff? Lets not get crazy here...

Board footer