You are not logged in. Please register or login.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

Re: Do you think there's such a thing as men's work, and women's work?

maguire22 wrote:

Do you think there's such a thing as men's work, and women's work?

Opinions ONLY with reasons welcome - ie "women's work is scrubbing ma sh1tstains offa mah pants" is not valid for this question! 16

I've come to think lately (after seeing female undertakers bury a family member, who I loved very much) that the old norms are really lame - I don't like to think of women getting FORCED into combat, but can't deny they've earned their place in the military, and just wonder if any of you have any more stuff on this? cool

I'm old school though and do think a mother should raise a child, at least first 4 years, ideally supported by father/state to do so - opinions on that, with reasons again, welcome! smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

maguire22

maguire22 wrote:

So, which ones? cool

I don't like the idea of women working in nuclear plants, or if I'm brutally honest, men being care home assistants to old folks, I reckon that would get to a point where the old senile guy (aka your grandad who you love and treasure) chucks his shit at the carer, and he hits him back, which is Not Good, whereas a woman might just sigh and change his nappy... neutral

I REALISE I'm generalising here - female Evos (lol) welcome to chip in?! 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually do not believe, at least in a small level, that there's a seperation.

I've seen families where the woman is mowing the yard, as the man fixes a nice dinner, and I don't see any problem with that.

As far as jobs go... ehh. The world is sexist, and I do believe some jobs are better suited for men, especially in executive power (President?).

One of the most glaring examples is - police officer. I have no problem with women having a detective's job, or a desk job with the force, but i've seen too much with street cops being women. Those chicks have gotten absolutely owned by criminals on the street. They just don't have the physical strength. Hell, some men don't.

maguire22

maguire22 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

One of the most glaring examples is - police officer. I have no problem with women having a detective's job, or a desk job with the force, but i've seen too much with street cops being women. Those chicks have gotten absolutely owned by criminals on the street. They just don't have the physical strength. Hell, some men don't.

Upper body strength, yes I agree, no way no how. And I don't know a single athlete, self-defence instructor, or anyone else who will say that a female optimally trained will be equal to any male in combat.

Sad, but true. They do however have superior understanding of psychology, and empathy, and also should learn moves in the self-defence realm, which your average punter won't be able to defend against.

Women need to fight dirty, to win - is my point. And a gun is a long distance weapon - close up, you can get it wrestled from you, so stay away.

I read A Lot of Joseph Wambaugh, and Lawrence Sanders, all that good old cop stuff (if you've not read it do, it's all beaucoup cheap on Amazon!)

Good point though axlin08, imo it;s the physical, not the mental, where we differ. 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It is true. I'm a psych major, and in my psych classes, i'm usually the only male in there. Very female-dominated.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no i dont think that there is anything that sets up as men work or women work

hey maguire do you have kids? if you did would you want nothing to do with them until they were at least 5? thats fucked up dude, that would be putting severe strain on your wife and your relationship as well as putting forward a poor beginnning to the relationship between yourself and your kid

anyway my wife and i share duties, laundry cleaning, dishes, taking care of kids, yardwork, cooking... as for actual work maybe if its more physical i suppose a man might be better suited to the heavier lifting parts (depending on the dude) and a women might be more suited to a task that was organizational, but all in all it really depends on the individual involved

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

On first glance maybe. But there is no job that a man cannot match a woman at and vice versa.

No.

There's no need to argue, because that's the truth.

maguire22

maguire22 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hey maguire do you have kids? if you did would you want nothing to do with them until they were at least 5? thats fucked up dude, that would be putting severe strain on your wife and your relationship as well as putting forward a poor beginnning to the relationship between yourself and your kid

Noooo, not at all, but I couldn;t breast feed them and wouldn't think that I should break that bond with their mom.

I'm single right now, so don't you fear, trying to learn! 22

Board footer