You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: How far for GNR?

Aussie wrote:

Unforutanteyl only 15 minutes drive in the car to get to the venue here in Perth.  Can't afford to fly to the eastern states like I did in '07 to catch further shows.

Even if $$'s weren't an issue I honestly don't know if I would fly accross again to catch further shows anyhow.  If it was a reunion lineup then that is a whole different scenario, I would move heaven and earth to try and see extra shows.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:

If its just the same ol same ol, maybe an hour. Im not too impressed with the concert footage ive seen from this decade.

BUT, the question should be "how far would you drive to hear new material?". Because if I knew I would be hearing "the general,atlas,seven"....stuff like that, Id probably go as far to catch a plane.

But with how quickly new material that gnr performed at past concerts got remastered and leaked to the internet, I highly doubt that Axl will ever do new songs again live before releasing on an album.

No offense, but if you're basing your decision on footage you've seen on youtube that's not the most effective means of decision making.  It's not exactly the same as being there in person.  If you can sit through GNR playing WTTJ, PC, SOD, or Better and not have a good time I'd be quite surprised.

I drove almost 2 hours to MSG last tour.  I may stretch it out a little more than that.  I have a friend in DC who's a big Weezer fan.  I told him if GNR ever toured with Weezer (unlikely) that I'd go to a show with him.  I'd say the 2 hour radius is more likely though.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

faldor wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:

If its just the same ol same ol, maybe an hour. Im not too impressed with the concert footage ive seen from this decade.

BUT, the question should be "how far would you drive to hear new material?". Because if I knew I would be hearing "the general,atlas,seven"....stuff like that, Id probably go as far to catch a plane.

But with how quickly new material that gnr performed at past concerts got remastered and leaked to the internet, I highly doubt that Axl will ever do new songs again live before releasing on an album.

No offense, but if you're basing your decision on footage you've seen on youtube that's not the most effective means of decision making.  It's not exactly the same as being there in person.  If you can sit through GNR playing WTTJ, PC, SOD, or Better and not have a good time I'd be quite surprised.

I drove almost 2 hours to MSG last tour.  I may stretch it out a little more than that.  I have a friend in DC who's a big Weezer fan.  I told him if GNR ever toured with Weezer (unlikely) that I'd go to a show with him.  I'd say the 2 hour radius is more likely though.

Not just from youtube but from what ive seen other people post on various gnr forums. Which yes, maybe I should see for myself. But im glad you brought this up, because I probably would not catch a flight to see gnr. The more I thought about it, I would probably end up getting so pissed if Axl did a no show. And the thing is maybe its just me, but Axl seems to be so out of breath anymore, its kinda sad.

Maybe I would have a good time, but I could probably have just as good a time listening to cd with some good friends. But thats just me.

I try to base all major life decisions on youtube and message boards.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Come on guys!  Nobody's coming to Tokyo? tongue

TOTAL LOSS
 Rep: 5 

TOTAL LOSS wrote:

I saw the band in '91, '92, '93, 2002 and 2006.

Those were can't-miss shows for me and '91 was the first concert I ever attended.

Now? I just don't have much inclination to see them live, and wouldn't go out my way or out of the city to do so. I think a CD heavy set list will leave most people a bit underwhelmed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
maguire22 wrote:

James, what state are you in right now

I'm in a 80-100 mile radius of the cities I listed.

Only time I ever considered going farther than that was when they played at Inland Invasion. When that place came close to a riot with people throwing shit and starting fires, I wish I had went.

I think a CD heavy set list will leave most people a bit underwhelmed.

I agree. Now that the album is out, I think most are willing to just swallow the nostalgia shoved down their throats because that's what the band is at this point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

For this line up? My computer.

Looking forward to getting ranted about for complaning about setlists... 16

And those losers who complain about late shows because they have something stupid like jobs and kids and shit.... What a bunch of un-rock n roll assholes, huh wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:
faldor wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:

Not just from youtube but from what ive seen other people post on various gnr forums. Which yes, maybe I should see for myself. But im glad you brought this up, because I probably would not catch a flight to see gnr. The more I thought about it, I would probably end up getting so pissed if Axl did a no show. And the thing is maybe its just me, but Axl seems to be so out of breath anymore, its kinda sad.

Maybe I would have a good time, but I could probably have just as good a time listening to cd with some good friends. But thats just me.

I try to base all major life decisions on youtube and message boards.

14  That was funny.

Yeah I don't think I would fly anywhere to see them either, or any band for that matter.  Maybe it'd be different if I lived in a place where they never or rarely came close to, but being in the northeastern part of the US, I'm pretty sure they'll play NY or Boston and since I'm less than 2 hours from each city I don't see the need to travel further.  I've only flown to see the New England Patriots play a regular season game in Miami.  Other than that, all my tickets are bought for local events.  So I'm not saying people should be willing to bend over backwards to see GNR live.  But if given the opportunity, I would highly recommend.  I've seen them twice and both times were fantastic.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

San Francisco, Oakland, Sac, Fresno, Bakersfield, LA and Vegas would be my spots.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't see GNR again sad. Barring really cheap tickets (like 10 bucks lol) or news of a new album or something. Honestly, don't really care about the band anymore hmm. Lineup means nothing to me and if the setlist is gonna be the same, I can just crank those songs in my car.

Board footer