You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Rapidfire Recordings for sale (5 Unreleased Axl Demos from 1983)

Will wrote:

rapidfire.jpg

In Los Angeles in May 1983 a little known band called Rapidfire made a demo. It was Bill Bailey's first time in a recording studio. He ROCKED the house! Who would have known that he would become one of Rock's biggest stars? Well... here we have the first ever, unreleased recordings of that band, with it's then undiscovered singer who now goes by the name of Axl Rose (R). Five unreleased songs featuring one of Rock's biggest stars at the begining and most pristine time of his career. The vocals are AMAZING!

Interested in buying these recordings, photos, and the associated copyrights? Contact the Attorney dealing with these incredible pieces of undiscovered Rock History, and own them!

Contact Joshua Solomon Esq. : JSolomon@ftr.com

http://rapidfire1983.com/

axlrapidfire2.jpg axlrapidfirenotatoo.jpg

(edit: Thanks to whitemusiclover for the heads up about this over a mygnr.)

Will

Will wrote:

I still wont get my hopes up for ever hearing these. Axl will buy the copyright and throw them in his vault sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...i guess buddyboy ran out of $$$ trying to release them officially

Will

Will wrote:

Axls legal team prevented the official release didn't they? Poor bloke is probably cleaned out after being chewed up and spat out by Axls laywers 16

Whilst it would be interesting to hear these I don't hold much hope for the quality being too listenable, nor the tracks too memorable. Remember those very early Izzy demos from like 1983, House Of The Rising Sun and Chatterbox covers etc. Quality was absolutely terrible, simply because they're demos from over 20 years ago recorded by at-the-time struggling musicians without a penny to their name. The fact the recordings even survived is something of a miracle.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I agree, they would be interesting to hear but I wouldn't imagine the recordings are great quality or anything.  Good luck finding anyone that is willing to part with more than a couple of thousand dollars for them at best.

Imagine if you bought them just for youself as a collector - what's stopping this guy leaking them later on - obviously he would have copies.  If you buy them it doesn't appear as though you could offically release them since Axl has stopped the guy doing it so far, so besides having them as a unique collectors item I can't see a lot of value.  Even if you could release them in today's download era good luck selling enough to cover your costs.

If the buyer never releases/leaks the songs I guarantee you this guy eventually would so why would anybody fork out big $$'s for them!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have no interest. Quality is probably terrible. Even GNR's unreleased demos, in lots of cases, were downright terrible quality.

I've always wondered if Axl's holding on to studio-quality copies of some of those, but I want to say it was Slash and/or Duff, that said alot of that stuff just vanished into the bootleg world.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

Axlin08 wrote:

I have no interest. Quality is probably terrible. Even GNR's unreleased demos, in lots of cases, were downright terrible quality.

I've always wondered if Axl's holding on to studio-quality copies of some of those, but I want to say it was Slash and/or Duff, that said alot of that stuff just vanished into the bootleg world.

I agree 100%, I wouldnt pay shit for those songs. When/If they get released im sure people will not be too fond of them.

Like you said, I can barely stand any of the gnr demos. So I highly doubt some bullshit little record from 83 is gonna be any better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to hear them, just for an interest point of view to examine Axl's progression as an artist.

I mean clearly they're unlikely to be great due to the age of the recording, and it's low budget, and that other than Axl, little is known about these artists as songwriters.

But still, Axl does have a killer voice, so it's possible they could at least be interesting, and it's fun to see what his chemestry is like with other players. So in a perfect world I'd listen to it, but no way i'll have the kind of cash they probably want.

I'd be very interested to know what the legal situation with the copyright in this recording is too.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

having to contact the attorney to buy them says it all.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Those pics are priceless!

Board footer