You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: QUIET RIOT - KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52 Confirmed Accidental Overdose

James wrote:

http://thevegaseye.com/home/2007/11/26/ … issed.html

1955 - 2007

I am sad to have to report the passing of one of my closests friends, Kevin DuBrow. DuBrows body was found by friends, on Sunday in his Las Vegas home. Dubrow recently spent a birthday weekend in New Orleans where he ate great food and even caught The Cult at The House of Blues. Kevin loved fine foods and was a true gourmet at heart. Kevin was a true Las Vegas icon and could be spotted eating nightly at any of his favorite Vegas eateries like Carlucci's, Simons Kitchen, The Palm or Messa Grill. DubBrow grew up in Hollywood, California, before settling in the Los Angeles suburb of Van Nuys at age 13. By the time he was in his mid-teens he had developed an appreciation for a number of British rock acts including the Small Faces, Spooky Tooth, Rod Stewart and Humble Pie. It was the latter of those influences that would leave the biggest impact on DuBrow and act as a compass in his musical career.

--------------------------------

This is coming from various sources, and even Wikipedia has the story. Nothing official though. Strange. Some of you might not know him, but he was the former lead singer of Quiet Riot, a band that helped pave the way for metal going mainstream in the early 80's. Always notorious for being an asshole, but thats beside the point.

I'll do some more digging and see what I can find

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Yeah, I started digging again after watching a movie(Beautiful Girls), but so far nothing. If this really happened over the weekend, it will have to show up on some news site today.

Very sad if true. While I have not followed Quiet Riot in MANY years, he was/is a legend. Played a huge role in metal's early days, and getting it mainstream on MTV. Without bands like Quiet Riot paving the way, bands like GNR would never have had a chance.

James

James wrote:

Now this is just fucking bizarre. I have never seen the death of a celebrity handled this way. Why is it being so guarded?

What the fuck happened??:nervous:

http://curt-mitchell.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4703

and this message really takes the cake:

"
I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

What are they hiding? If he's dead, he's dead. Tell the fucking world.:headbang:

James

James wrote:

FUCK. Its been confirmed. RIP Kevin. When I get home later today, I'm gonna download some old Quiet Riot tunes and pay tribute. All of you here too young to remember Quiet Riot, I highly recommend you download some of those tunes and see what the world has lost.

QUIET RIOT Singer KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52 - Nov. 26, 2007

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow."

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow '” whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" '” recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

WOW that sucks RIP sad ....Quiet Riot - Metal Health was the first album i ever owned

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Kevin DuBrow/Quiet Riot definitely were key to getting metal in the 80's metal a bands a door to walk through.  I hadn't really listened to them in forever either but just a while back I picked up a couple of albums (cheap) they did in the 90's just to see what it sounded like.  One was called Terrified and the other album was Down to the Bone.  Surprisingly both were very good.  The guitarist (Carlos Cavazo)is very Eddie Van Halen sounding and the band is tight as a whole.  It's worth mentioning that the great Randy Rhoads was the cofounder (along with Kelly Garni) of Quiet Riot.

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I loved Quiet Riot as a kid.  They had the cool rock videos when MTV wasn't playing early Madonna or Michael Jackson.  RIP.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

THis sucks. I met him a few years ago, and he was pretty cool. I was always a big fan of Quiet Riot.

Bang your head...

Board footer