You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: QUIET RIOT - KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52 Confirmed Accidental Overdose

Wow, I remember when I first saw that vid and heard that song, how can any teenager loving rock music not love Mental Health 9  Not to mention Rudy Sarzo 20   They definitely were a staple in starting the 80's rock scene.  I do wonder how he died, what a shame.

rip.gif

Latest on TMZ

Las Vegas Metro Police have confirmed to TMZ that Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for 80's metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

We're told one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted this message on his website: "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the Billboard charts and are perhaps best known for their cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize"

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Holy shit.  I can't believe this.  RIP Kevin Dubrow...  This band took Slade songs and channeled them at a new generation.  Definite pioneers in the 80s metal movement.  Metal Health is one of the classic albums from the early 80s and has some definite gems on there.  I wonder what was the cause of death?

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

This is quite a shock ... too bad.  RIP

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think some big bands from the early-mid 80's(including GNR) need to pay tribute to QR and Dubrow. Whether on a cd or some sort of benefit concert. Respect needs to be paid for the band who opened doors for 80's mainstream rock.

Not to hijack this into GNR reunion shit, but this would be a cool time for some of those guys to bury the hatchet and participate in something like this. At least one fucking song for one night.

Other bands that should pay tribute would be Motley, Poison, Cinderella, Skid Row, The Cult,etc.

I think this would be a great idea and a fitting tribute.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

On this day in 1983, Metal Health hit number one on the charts. Radio stations all over the country should be playing that album in its entirety.

Seriously today, wow that's sorta weird, he passed yesterday and today Metal Health when number 1.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I didn't realize it was 24 years to the day, that is very strange.  So weird how life always seems to be a "wheel" that makes the oddest connections but yet they happen too often to ignore.

Metal Health was definitely a key staple that solidified mainstream rock as a viable product.  The videos and music of Quiet Riot dominated much of the early 80's and QR/DuBrow's contributions should not be forgotten.  On Metal Health there was a song called "Thunderbird" which was written/dedicated to the late Randy Rhoads.  The song now rings true for Kevin as well.  Peace to you and may you not be forgotten.

Board footer