You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: BEER!

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Corona is awesome.

I usually drink Corona OR cheap pints of lager.

That's only beer wise aside from that I enjoy

Koppaberg and Magners. Mixed Fruit and Original respectively.

Then I also enjoy Jaegerbombs. Really thats all I drink.

I used to drink Corona as a summer or vacation beer but then I found Modelo Especial.... if you can find a 6 of that try it out. I like it a great deal more than Corona

I can't stand Corona, but Modelo is really good.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I've never heard of Modelo. Is it similiar to Corona at all. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the store.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've never heard of Modelo. Is it similiar to Corona at all. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the store.

The Modelo Especial has a similar taste (but better) than Corona and it's packaged similar as well. The bottles are clear with mostly white labels with some blue and yellow accents. The bottles are shorter and fatter than Corona however.

They also have Nergo Modelo which is obviously their dark beer. Until about 3 years ago, I thought that's all there was and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It was my favorite mexican beer next to Dos Equis.

The Negro is fantastic.  It is dark, but it isn't very dark.  I'd say it isn't any darker than a red would be considered.  Really smooth and not as filling as you'd expect a darker beer to be.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think it was PaSnow that mentioned Yuengleung, and I agree that is very good stuff. If a party has some of that, you can tell it's a good place to be.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

theres a great New Zealand beer - Steinlager - anyone know it?

other than that, I tend to go for Heineken or Becks

Oh and to the aussies, your beer (especially VB) is woeful tongue 5

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

theres a great New Zealand beer - Steinlager - anyone know it?

other than that, I tend to go for Heineken or Becks

Oh and to the aussies, your beer (especially VB) is woeful tongue 5

I agree with you, the mainstream ones like VB, Tooheys New, XXXX etx and regular run of the mill Aussie beers have no fucken taste at all.  That's why you gotta drink some of the Boutique style beers.  There are some great smaller Aussie brewers making bloody good tasting beer.  The only problem is it's costly $$ to drink them all the time!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer