You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: BEER!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

My go to beer is Miller Genuine Draft, but I like a good variety of things. 
I like things that are a hair dark(nut browns, bocks, etc), and I'll drink a stout if I'm in the right mood, but not regularly

Not a light beer guy at all, as a dude told me once in a bar- "Light beer is like sex in a canoe, it's fuckin' near water."

I actually went to a beer tasting festival last weekend.  Nothing really stuck out to me as something new to drink regularly though.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I tend to lean towards drinking boutique beers or imported ones.  I like beer with lots of flavour, not like many of the cheap Aussie beers - which taste just like water and chemicals.  I can drink stuff like VB, Melbourne Bitter, Carlton Draught, Crown Lager but they don't have a lot of flavour IMO.  I'm also not a big fan of unleaded beer - I prefer full strength.

So who here out of the Aussies drinks Emu Export?   16  I drank that in the 80's (like most kids underage) BUT now it's just looked upon as "wife beater beer" I still laugh every time I see that in the shops.  I can't believe people still buy that shit!!!

Some of the local brewers here make some fucking greating tasting beers with some great tinges of flavour like, honey, chocolate, chilli etc etc.  Fortunately there seems to be a big trend towards more quality beers with even the major brewers now making more "boutique" style beers.

More mainstream Aussie beers I like are most of the Coopers stuff, Hahn Premium, Cascade, James Squire, Little Creatures, Toohey's Old. There are also some good summer style beers now that have lime infused in them like Barefoot Radler and other similar brands - they're fucken easy to drink.

Imported beers I like - well there's heaps.  I love most of the Belgium beers ones like Leffe etc.  They are really creamy and fucking high in alcohol too 7-10% at times!!  I like dark beers too, stouts etc.  So I drink Guiness etc.  Some of the stouts are great with a shot or two of Kahlua in too wink

When I am motivated I even brew my own beer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Coors Light or Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not sure if I mentioned this on the board or not, but I started drinking again last month. Hadn't had a drink in about nine years. Only been drinking light beer and some Mike's Hard Lemonade. Definitely don't want it getting out of control. Will be avoiding hard liquor like the plague.

Might start drinking other types of beer, but just gonna stick with Coors Light right now.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo drinking Coors Light is a disgrace to his nation.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Here in PA there's a hugely popular beer caller Yuengling (pronounced YING-LING, it's not chinese though). It's actually the oldest brewery in the USA, something like 175 years or older. It's located up near Scranton kindof, and I think they opened a newer one by Tampe a couple years ago  Anyway, it's a really good lager. At almost any bar you can say "I'll have a Lager" and they give you a Yuengling.. it's kindof a cool insider thing. But it's more just creature of habit than being an inside thing, it's very popular.

I drink that 9 times out of 10. Almost always when I'm out. Other than that, I like Sam Adams, Corona in the summer, there's a new beer similar to that Landshark Lager, pretty good. And some microbrews, Victory, Magic Hat, Flying Fish.

Miller Lite on occasion, when I'm at a baseball game or friends have it. Not a big fan. Don't like bud or Coors much, and don't drink liquor (vodka, Scotch, Jack) hardly ever.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Its freshers week here just now. All I gotta say I have definitely drank too much beer let alone other stuff in the past five days.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hate Beer. HATE it.

More into mixed drinks and hard booze.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Two tall cans of steel reserve and I'm good.

Board footer