You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: BEER!

Olorin wrote:

Whisky, me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well being from Scotland, it aint Canadian Russ !! I've had Canadian Club and Crown Royal and I do like them very much, especially CR, but I've only had that once on top of Ben Lomond. A distillery near me used to bottle Canadian Club and I knew folks who worked there and would bring home reguarly, its nice smile

My personal favorites are Springbank, Highland Park, MaCallan, Glenmorangie, Bunnahabhain, Taliskar - to be honest the only one I havnt been keen on was Laphroaig, it tastes like the hospital.

I got talking to a barman in the Highlands of Scotland when I was on a study tour with uni a few years back, and he told me of a bottle he had behind the bar that was too expensive to sell to punters. It was £100 for a tiny measure, but he gave me one for free and it was the sweetest nectar beyond what I could ever imagine. Thats the greatest, I cant remember what it was though, I was a bit pissed.
But many a cheap blend have tickled me just right, I've downed many a Famous Grouse, Bells or Whyte and MacKay in my time 5

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

depends...

i just graduated from college...when i was at school, it was whatever i could get the most of for ten bucks. naturally, a buddy and i would split a thirty of usually busch light for the night. these days, i have a job, so when i party its bud light. if i'm going to just relax with a couple brews, i'll do sam adams boston lager, labatt blue, and in the winter, my all-time fave, sam adams winter lager

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love Sam Adams Cherry Wheat but I've never dug into their other beers.

I think Sam Adams is a bit overrated.  The Boston Lager (which is kind of their flagship) is good, and the Cherry Wheat. 

I tried their Oktoberfest last week actually because I had heard a commercial saying it won some competitions in Germany.  It wasn't aweful, but I didn't really care much for it.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Whiskey a go go..  Cant stand beer or what it makes you feel like the day after.. Whiskey is full of love so leaves you feel fine with no mouth like a used cat litter tray.
mmmm

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer