You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its only a month away and not a peep from the band or management about the tour.
Its a bit of a shame really, I'm no marketing hotshot, but unless I'm mistaken stony silence is not the best way to get bums on seats hmm

Well DJ and Ron have said they're touring.  I know you're looking more for an official press release and a update on the bands website, but we know what the likelihood of that is.

I've stopped expecting anything from this band.  Whatever we get, I'll be happy with.  We got the album but really nothing else to go along with it.  It looks like the same story all over again.  We'll get a tour without much more.  Sure it'd be great to see a 3rd single released, a video, some interviews.  But again, I've stopped expecting things like this.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its only a month away and not a peep from the band or management about the tour.
Its a bit of a shame really, I'm no marketing hotshot, but unless I'm mistaken stony silence is not the best way to get bums on seats hmm

Well DJ and Ron have said they're touring.  I know you're looking more for an official press release and a update on the bands website, but we know what the likelihood of that is.

Yeah cause when DJ and Ron twitter, the world stands to attention.

Theres still time to put the ground work to create a buzz around the tour, but if they really are going to go with the same worn out promotional tactics as before, I cant understand why anyone connected with the band thinks thats a good idea.

I feel like a nut for wanting to see the best possible outcome for all of their endevours, while its like they don t give a fuck, mediorce results from minimal effort is just fine and dandy. What ever happened to drive, ambition and pride?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

My guess is they don't wanna put too much into promotion in case Axl suddenly announces that he wasn't even aware of these dates even being booked... hahaha

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

God I hope not, I still have my ticket from that tour and the "Guns throw tour in the Bucket" article from the newspaper that told me the tour was off.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yeah cause when DJ and Ron twitter, the world stands to attention.

Theres still time to put the ground work to create a buzz around the tour, but if they really are going to go with the same worn out promotional tactics as before, I cant understand why anyone connected with the band thinks thats a good idea.

I feel like a nut for wanting to see the best possible outcome for all of their endevours, while its like they don t give a fuck, mediorce results from minimal effort is just fine and dandy. What ever happened to drive, ambition and pride?

I thought you were questioning whether there was actually a tour or not.

Like I said before, I've stopped expecting anything from this band.  They don't do things by the book, that's been proven.  Few bands, if any, release an album and say nothing about it then wait a full year before touring that album.  Not to mention they toured the album a number of times before it was released.  The album debuted well and singles charted relatively well without any push from the band but then everything stopped.  I did at one time believe Axl when he said things were planned for later on in promotional terms but until I see SOMETHING happen I've limited my expectations to NOTHING.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

I'm with faldor.

I expect nothing, so when I get nothing, i'm not disappointed. Learned the art of it YEARS ago.

I still think it's utterly pathetic of them, but whatthefuckever, life goes on.

Board footer