You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

deadsouth wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Interesting.... probably just the Better video recut into this...

19 16

Think maybe the better video not seeing the light of day is a "fuck you" to finck, seeing as how there would be a lot of footage of him in the video, and the fact that its HIS song on the album.

Sky Dog wrote:

no Robin in that promo clip at all....don't think that is coincidence. Also, Better was written by Finck so by not amping up the single, you cut his publishing money.....tis possible.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

touche...but????????...that tour actually happened. Can you admit this one may to?

If there is any involvement with this promotion we are unaware of such at this time.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?????:haha::haha::haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0s … re=related

"germans? forget it, he's rolling" 19

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

no Robin in that promo clip at all....don't think that is coincidence. Also, Better was written by Finck so by not amping up the single, you cut his publishing money.....tis possible.

He is in it, up on the drum/pitman platform shaking about behind Tommy in a couple of shots.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

Universal confirmation is official confirmation

and gnr doesn't confirm or promote their activity so get used to it. this is how the '06 tour went and this how the cd release went. they'll comment on it at the last minute if axl decides to follow through with it.

axl can pull out from this whether the band gives confirmation or not but, just like in any other case of a tour cancellation, there would be a penalty.

universal doesn't put a tour together without prior consent and i guarantee a contract for a tour was drafted at some point.

That was pretty much my point.  I realize the band doesn't confirm anything these days until the last minute.  And we did find out about the album release well ahead of the official announcement from the band.  But I think this is a little different.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no way Axl could've stopped the album from coming out.  He was powerless in that respect.  He could've refused to do any promo or press for it though.  Whoops.  But in THIS situation, it's possible Axl could flat out refuse to perform and thus the tour doesn't happen.

Now, before anyone goes off the handle.  I don't think that'll happen.  And I don't think the reason they haven't made an announcement is because they can't reach Axl or Axl is unsure if he wants to perform or not. 

Just business as usual, like you said.  Hopefully this does all go down.  Maybe when Axl said about the prospects of another album "same bat time, same bat channel", he was ironically speaking of Chinese Democracy.  Now we'll get all the proper promo, press, videos, etc.  I can feel it.  Well,,, one can dream.

only because he has to turn over the music before the deal is made.

in the case of a tour they can make a contract and follow through with whatever the agreed promo or confirmation is but they can't force him to show up as we agreed

but you did say that this wasn't official until the band confirms it and that is untrue.

if this falls through it is officially axl/gnr pulling ot of an officially planned tour.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

He is in it, up on the drum/pitman platform shaking about behind Tommy in a couple of shots.

Keyword there is BEHIND Tommy. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Also, Better was written by Finck so by not amping up the single, you cut his publishing money.....tis possible.

Good point. However, he was long gone before the album dropped so why even choose it as a single in the first place? Riad being pushed heavily had a better chance than Better not being pushed, even though its the poppiest song on the album.

Of course I'm trying to use logic which obviously doesn't apply. 16

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
madagas wrote:

Also, Better was written by Finck so by not amping up the single, you cut his publishing money.....tis possible.

Axl needs 1 song played on tv/radio for more than 5 minutes than he does a slice of Finck`s cake.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Apparently Ozzfest is returning in 2010. Axl should look into being the headliner for this. I think new GNR could thrive in a festival environment as it takes a lot of pressure off them to fill the venues.

Could possibly be a rough crowd for obvious reasons, but leave the piano at home and concentrate on the more rocking tracks and they could pull this off.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Good point. However, he was long gone before the album dropped so why even choose it as a single in the first place? Riad being pushed heavily had a better chance than Better not being pushed, even though its the poppiest song on the album.

Of course I'm trying to use logic which obviously doesn't apply. 16

I've thought about this, but I don't think I buy it.  IF Axl was upset with Robin for leaving and thus didn't do anything to push "Better" or release the video that apparently was all set to go, he sure didn't come off that way in his chats with the fans.  He had nothing but complimentary things to say about Robin and said there's no plans to re-record any of his parts on future releases.  Doesn't sound like someone with an axe to grind.  Now maybe he was just playing Mr. Nice Guy, who knows.

I think Robin's departure surprised Axl and I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with the situation but it seems like he understood where Robin was coming from.  So I don't sense any ill will there.

Board footer