You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

war wrote:

how could a normal person not be upset with him for leaving, with the album release just months away

add a temper and a "every body's faullt but mine" complex and i'd say he was pissed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

how could a normal person not be upset with him for leaving, with the album release just months away

add a temper and a "every body's faullt but mine" complex and i'd say he was pissed

Well he had left the band before to re-join NIN, so it wasn't like it was uncharted territory.  And maybe Axl himself could see that after Buckethead left after only a couple years, most likely due to inactivity that maybe Robin was entitled to do the same after nearly a decade.  Again, he had seen this happen before so it couldn't have come as a complete shock to him.

I agree I'm sure it caught him by surprise and it's not what he wanted to happen, but I just don't get the feeling that he wishes Robin ill will.  It seems like they gave him every possible chance to re-join the band but it finally came to a point where they had to move forward.  If he was so pissed at Robin, he could've said good riddance to him the day he left, lashed out at him in some way, and move forward with the band.

Of course, maybe that all comes out in the days to come.  I just don't see it right now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Also, Better was written by Finck so by not amping up the single, you cut his publishing money.....tis possible.

Good point. However, he was long gone before the album dropped so why even choose it as a single in the first place?

My guess would be because they pay a lot of attention to forum users, when Better leaked it was almost universally praised. It seems a logical choice too in that it sounds a little like the old band and a little like the new band to me, it bridges the gaps in style, and thus is a good gateway song into the record I think.

James Lofton wrote:

Apparently Ozzfest is returning in 2010. Axl should look into being the headliner for this. I think new GNR could thrive in a festival environment as it takes a lot of pressure off them to fill the venues.

I'd love to see GNR get involved in a tour like that. Although I hear sharon is very strict about timelines and stuff, so this might not be workable with GNR's tendancy to run late at selected shows.

I do think a joint tour with an appropriate band would be killer though. Much like how megadeth and slayer are touring together here. If GNR could find itself either a festival or a similar band to have on tour it could make for a lot of really cool shows.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

sorry, I didnt mean to lead this thread totally off track.  Anyway heres some good news!!!

Courtesy of Ayako at chinesedemocracy.com

oosaka-1.jpg

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Apparently Ozzfest is returning in 2010. Axl should look into being the headliner for this. I think new GNR could thrive in a festival environment as it takes a lot of pressure off them to fill the venues.

Could possibly be a rough crowd for obvious reasons, but leave the piano at home and concentrate on the more rocking tracks and they could pull this off.

I'd actually prefer them to play the big general music festivals than hard rock/metal festivals, too many meatheads and punk kids trying to show off by taunting Axl.
On the Download Festival forum in the build up to the 06 show there were people trying to encourage the mass throwing of objects at the stage during GNRs set.

On another note, it would be amazing if they did something like this for the upcoming tour, pretty damn unlikely though:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … more-23711

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ask people in Philly what they think about "tickets".

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Particularly about the non-refundable ones for the second Philly show ClearChannel people sold on the aisles as Axl was busy not appearing for the first one.

I hear they gave a discount.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Happens with a lot of bands though.

I had national tickets to see VR again in 2007, then they pulled the plug.

Shit has gone down, but you know when they do come that Axl (and VR for that matter) will be kickass.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

^^ That.

Though it will suck for the fans in the eastern areas of they find out it was all BS, and I hope for them alone it's not, and the shows happen.:mosh:

Board footer