You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

Olorin wrote:

Its funny, I seen Iron Maiden 6 months after GNR in the same venue and they were later coming on than Axl - but people were standing around jam packed just waiting patiently and quietly. Before GNR came on I genuinally though a riot could break out, and fights really did! But if it was a no show that night, it would have been absolute pandamonium and I'd pity the staff on duty. I was on the phone to a friend when I was in the venue, telling him how I was gonna go ninja style and bag me one of those cool "GNR" drapes which hung on stage if there was a riot, but I'd probably have just fucked off to find the nearest pub if it really did kickoff.
But with that Maiden show everybody there would probaby have just left in an orderly fashion and just  went home muttering.

To be fair actually, the Maiden show was a frosty December night, and GNR played on a stifingly hot and humid summers Friday night. Inside the hall the temperture was absolutely cooking, add alcohol to that and your going to get some frayed tempers.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Like I said in the other thread...

Axl attracts Axl-personalities.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Ron's Facebook

Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Some bands I'd like GNR to tour with: Chickenfoot, Anvil, Lita Ford, Ace Frehley, Queensryche, many more... What are your choices...?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Hm. Queensryche have been guesting at Lita Ford's recent tour. Chickenfoot is Satch's new supergroup, towards which Bumble has a serious hard-on.

Out of those, I'd go between Lita Ford (w/ Queensryche guest spots) and Chickenfoot.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The VH/GNR tour didn't quite come to fruition so why not Chickenfoot?  Close enough.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I know a lot of people that would go see Chickenfoot or Queensryche, then leave.  I don't think either would be a smart choice.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I suggested Anthrax. Neither have a set in stone lineup, currently Anthrax have an album in limbo, GNR used to. In terms of two bands that are currently a clusterfuck they're a match made in heaven tongue

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I know a lot of people that would go see Chickenfoot or Queensryche, then leave.  I don't think either would be a smart choice.

It would help the overall numbers at the gates.  And GNR fans could get better seats once those fans leave.

Openers are a tad overrated.  I only attempt to see the opener if it's a co-headliner, or close to it.  Actually I think the only openers I've ever made a point to see are at Def Leppard shows.  a) Def Leppard plays a pretty short set, less than 90 minutes.  b) they take pretty well known acts on the road with them.  I've seen Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Styx.  Otherwise I'm just there for the main act.  I saw the end of Papa Roach's set at the GNR show at MSG, and I actually like some of Papa Roach's stuff.  I just chose to drink cheaper beer in a nearby bar before GNR hit the stage.

Sky Dog wrote:

I rarely go see opening acts...I wish Gnr would just tour by themselves. They always end up in some form of conflict with the band anyway.

Board footer